Fork MediaPortal on GitHub
  1. MediaPortal 2 - 10th Anniversary Edition Update 1 released!

The celebration of our 10th MediaPortal anniversary is underway and we offer you "10 Anniversary Edition Update 1"

Read the full news: MediaPortal 2 - 10th Anniversary Edition Update 1

gemx's new webservices plugin and popcorn hour A110

Discussion in 'TV-Server Plugins' started by brunoh, October 6, 2009.

1. brunoh

brunoh

System Specs
    As it is not directly related with the new plugin (http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/t...g-web-interface-tvserver-mp-71404/#post517218), I open a new thread.

Does anybody have it working together with a popcorn hour? Here it works about 1 out 10 tries, and sometimes without sound. After some tries I sometimes have to reboot my popcorn hour.

I am quite sure, it has nothing to do with plugin, it is probably more related to the firmware of the poppy?

Thanks for any feedback.
  2. Funky

Funky

Hi,

I use Valks stream-plugin, for some ideas see here, it works 9 times out of 10.

I also tried GEMX plugin but with no success so far. When I monitor the Tvserver it seems the PCH is trying to connect to the server several times, just as you mention in GEMX-thread.

Any possibility you can share details how you connect the PCH to the tv-server, I have problems showing the first screen after the logon to GEMX-plugin. So I tried to connect directly from a HTML-page I created on the PCH-drive.

Regards Funky
  3. brunoh

brunoh Thread Starter

System Specs
    Thanks for your feedback Funky

I use the same technique as you use with Valks plugin.

I have a html-file on the poppy that has entries as e.g.:

<p> <a href="http://192.168.0.3:81/Streamer.aspx?idChannel=84&idProfile=0" VOD>HD Suisse</a></p>

Strange thing here is, that HD (720p) works better at my side than SD.

Since the new poppy-firmware from octobre it works a bit better (I think). But still after some errors I sometimes have to reboot the popy, because nothing works anylonger, even films from harddisk.