Get "Installer error 2869" on Vista when trying to install (1 Viewer)

Bulan

Portal Member
December 11, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
MediaPortal Version: Tvserver SVN from 24 jan
Windows Version: Windows Vista Ultimate 32 bit Swe
CPU Type: P4 3.0Ghz
Memory: 512MB
Motherboard: Asus P4P800
Video Card: Ati radeon 9600

When I try to install the latest SVN on my newly installed Vista machine (all default security settings) i get this error:
The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2869.

After that all i can do is click ok on that window, and then the next (which is blank), the installer then does a rollback and nothing get's installed.

Tried both versions from 24 jan, one from 21 jan and finally one from 18 januari, it's the same on all of them.

Tried google the error and all I came up with was:

According to the Windows Installer documentation, error 2869 means "The dialog [2] has the error style bit set, but is not an error dialog."

Which doesn't help so much..

Worked on the same machine when I had Win Xp installed last week.

//Edit
Tried once again, but started the installer package with this:
msiexec.exe /i D:\-=Apps=-\MediaPortal\setup.msi /L*v D:\-=Apps=-\MediaPortal\logfile.txt

Which creates a logfile from the installer. Attached that one to this post, and here's a snippet from that around line 3456

DEBUG: Error 2869: The dialog ErrorDialog has the error style bit set, but is not an error dialog
MSI (c) (0C:10) [08:02:16:057]: Font created. Charset: Req=0, Ret=0, Font: Req=MS Shell Dlg, Ret=MS Shell Dlg

The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2869. The arguments are: ErrorDialog, ,
MSI (c) (0C:10) [08:02:19:499]: Note: 1: 2262 2: Error 3: -2147287038
MSI (c) (0C:10) [08:02:19:499]: Product: MediaPortal TV Server -- The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2869. The arguments are: ErrorDialog, ,

Get some error all over that logfile, around line 364 it says:
MSI (c) (0C:10) [08:01:14:410]: Note: 1: 2262 2: Error 3: -2147287038
DEBUG: Error 2826: Control Line1 on dialog WelcomeForm extends beyond the boundaries of the dialog to the right by 3 pixels
The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2826. The arguments are: WelcomeForm, Line1, to the right

Someone with a bit more knowledge on the installer might be able to filter through the important errors and the none important..

Hope someone can help as it would be nice to be able to install in Vista too (Seen the tutorial videos, and they are running on Vista, dunno why it aint working for me)

Bulan

Portal Member
December 11, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
No one?

Do you need some more info or something?
I'm willing to try to get it for if so, because I really would like this to work..

If you don't have an error when running Vista Ultimate, then would you pls post that at least, so I know if I should try something completely different..

Bulan

Portal Member
December 11, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Yey!!

Thank you so much!
That solved my problem with installing Tvserver 0.3 on Vista

Did this:

Started "cmd.exe" as Administrator
Changed (cd ..) to the folder where I had unpacked Tvserver setup-file
There I ran the command: "msiexec /i setup.msi"

drfonz

Portal Member
October 23, 2006
Leeds
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
My pleasure :)

Plus you came up with a slightly modified method, so that's more choice for people!

Hopefully the devs will sort out MP and/or the installer to be Vista compatible now that it's officially out.

Cheers!
AL

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom