[confirm] GUI sequencing (?) error (1 Viewer)

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yup, agree. It never happens if you use a remote, only when using a mouse and moving it fast over the GUI.

Pat Clark

Portal Pro
    April 25, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Looking at that screenshot the green text behind the info window on the right seems to come from the listview overlayed by the info screen.;)

I looks to me like there are two info screens plus the list view. Note the word "Plot" is there twice.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Whatever happened - it should not happen, but this would be a problem very deep in the skin engine and I doubt if any dev would like to fix it... ;)

Pat Clark

Portal Pro
    April 25, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Home Country
    Catavolt, perhaps it would help, and possibly cure the problem if "complex" hovers were turned into buttons. Actually, I find the hidden menu's hover annoying at times.

What would the definition of complex be? I don't know, but you probably do. Would this require a skin to know if a mouse was being used? Does a skin know?

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    A skjn or better said MP knows when you activate "additional Mouse controls" in MPConfig -> GUI.
    But that wouldn´t eliminate buttons in the OSDs and ofc not the hidden menus, which are standard parts of MP.
    If mouse controls are activated, the scrollbars and skin controls are shown.
    But if you have such a weak system that you experience severe problems in GUI, you should really think about enhancing your system ;)

Pat Clark

Portal Pro
    April 25, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Home Country
    My system is not that weak. :)

I hadn't considered the OSD and I don't grok "ofc not the hidden menus." But nevertheless, it might be a simpler fix to MP to make the built-in hovers optional than to fix the actual problem.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    My system is not that weak. :)

I hadn't considered the OSD and I don't grok "ofc not the hidden menus." But nevertheless, it might be a simpler fix to MP to make the built-in hovers optional than to fix the actual problem.

It's the onboard graphics that let your system down. A dedicated graphics card would make a big difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom