How do you use AMC? (1 Viewer)

totopsgr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2011
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Hi guys, I recently switched from EAX movie catalogue to AMC. So far so good, I was wondering what is the process for updating your catalogue.

When I run scripts to update my movie info, and then save I get the pop up that asks me if I want to convert my images to be included in the XML file (press ok)or if I prefer to exclude them and just link to them (press ignore). I wonder what is the better way from the two.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    AMC has several options for storing pictures - In AMC Preferences > Picture Importation. I use "Only Link Picture" and "Make relative path if possible" and 'Copy picture to pictures folder of catalog, and link it to catalog". The other methods may work as well, but it's a long time since I tried them all ;) I thought storing Pictures in the catalog was only for .amc format, not XML :confused: . But I wouldn't do it anyway as it makes the db file much larger.

BTW I assume you know that If you use AMC catalog type in Setup, then you can update directly in MyFilms if you want - via GUI or Import in setup (using AMC Updater) - as with EAX the main thing is to make sure the path is set correctly on the Artwork tab in Setup > to the folder where you store your covers. You can even use the Cover Manager to select the cover you want from TMDb - e.g. if they have a Greek one. ;)

When you're ready to customize - check out he new Custom Artwork Setup Guide in the wiki. You can customize pretty much every image in My Films.

z3us

Portal Pro
    December 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I haven´t used AMC for a long time, indeed I currently haven´t it installed. AMCu and MyFilms GUI are enough for me atm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom