How to add custom thumbnails to MP2? (1 Viewer)

Bapa Lynde

May 10, 2023
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi, I'm new here but have been gradually getting my head around setting everything up but one simple task is throwing me off - how on earth do you manually add a movie cover thumbnail when scrapers don't find one? It's really noticeable when one or two films out of hundreds don't have a cover and reimporting doesn't find one.

I'm sure there's an easy answer to this, but for the life of me I kind find it!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi, I'm new here but have been gradually getting my head around setting everything up but one simple task is throwing me off - how on earth do you manually add a movie cover thumbnail when scrapers don't find one? It's really noticeable when one or two films out of hundreds don't have a cover and reimporting doesn't find one.

I'm sure there's an easy answer to this, but for the life of me I kind find it!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Please check the wiki.
    I never take online sources but perform offline imports. You can use external tools for that and change all data including poster. Also the import speed is much faster + the local data are kept forever, even MP2 is removed. To overwrite only some movies you need to remove them once from the share, place an import (so the importer will recognize them later as new) and place them back (with the offline data as explained in wiki) and perform another import (with online sources deactivated).
    There are also other ways, but above is the easiest, others are tweaks by changed files in cache, I do not recommend it.

Edit: after an offline import you could also activate online sources again. Existing files would be never overwritten.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom