How to convert audio 2+0 to 5+1 in MP? (1 Viewer)

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Hi,

my Media Portal 1.8.0 is connected via analogue ports to 5+1 audio power amplifier. Both Audio driver and Audio power amplifier do not contain any DTS Surround or Dolby Pro logic feature, but I would like to set up the system with 5+1 surround:)

Music:
    • For music I am using Bass player -> it somehow makes from 2+0 the 5+1 signal, unfortunately rear speakers are too loud (they have same volume as the front and central speaker, if the volume for each speaker has same volume level in Windows speaker setting) -> is it possible to set up in Bass player the volume for rear speaker separately?

Video/Films/TV:
    • If the video content is using DTS-HD, it plays 5+1 fine as I have audio LAV codecs with “dtsdecoderdll.dll” from the ArcSoft
    • If the video content (or radio) is just poor 2+0, then it plays just 2+0 sound -> Does MP contains any option how to convert 2+0 to 5+1 (e.g. somehow to use Bass player for audio)?

I was trying to find some audio driver, which would contains Dolby or DTS, but for my HW such driver does not exist:(

Thanks a lot for any idea, comments, help in advance.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    HI marttoma,

Moved your thread to the appropriate section, Bug reports is only for bugs. ;)

is it possible to set up in Bass player the volume for rear speaker separately?
    Nope, not possible. Your amplifier might be able to do this.

Does MP contains any option how to convert 2+0 to 5+1 (e.g. somehow to use Bass player for audio)?
    If you use LAV Audio Decoder then you can setup 'Mixing'. Just click the wrench on the right side of the filter and the options will show up.
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...rer/LAV_Configuration/LAV_Audio_Configuration

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    Hi HomeY,
    thanks.

Nope, not possible. Your amplifier might be able to do this.
    The power amplifier PA has fixed gain for each PA. In case of Windows audio driver I can set up different volume per each speaker, but if I set it up for Bass player, then this volume setting is not suitable for DTS-HD 5+1 (the rear speaker will have very low volume for DTS-HD 5+10. This is my "audio" issue:)

If you use LAV Audio Decoder then you can setup 'Mixing'. Just click the wrench on the right side of the filter and the options will show up.
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...rer/LAV_Configuration/LAV_Audio_Configuration
    I was trying this, but the mixer in LAV filter does not work - I set it up mixer 5+1 and I was testing different other remaining setting and the sound 2+0 is still 2+0:(
    I would guess this is a bug.

marttoma

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I was trying this, but the mixer in LAV filter does not work - I set it up mixer 5+1 and I was testing different other remaining setting and the sound 2+0 is still 2+0
    I would guess this is a bug.
    LAV Mixer is working fine here, so i guess it's a settings somewhere.
    What you could do is use the MediaPortal Audio Renderer, and set speaker output to 5.1 and see if that works for you.

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    AV Mixer is working fine here, so i guess it's a settings somewhere.
    What you could do is use the MediaPortal Audio Renderer, and set speaker output to 5.1 and see if that works for you.
    I also tested this option and does not work here:([DOUBLEPOST=1405768357][/DOUBLEPOST]
    LAV Mixer is working fine here, so i guess it's a settings somewhere.
    HomeY, what audio driver do you have? what audio renderer do you have? Do you have only mixer 5+1 set up in LAV filters and that is?

Last edited:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    HomeY, what audio driver do you have? what audio renderer do you have? Do you have only mixer 5+1 set up in LAV filters and that is?
    I've got a HD6570 in my HTPC, use HDMI out to my receiver and never have issues, but it might very well be that my receiver does the upmixing from 2.0 > 5.1
    I also have my Windows speaker setup set to 5.1

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    I've got a HD6570 in my HTPC, use HDMI out to my receiver and never have issues, but it might very well be that my receiver does the upmixing from 2.0 > 5.1
    I also have my Windows speaker setup set to 5.1
    OK:)
    In my case I have Realtek ACL 887 (SW version R 2.71) with speaker set up to 5+1 and I am using analog audio output, no HDMI. The mixer in LAV codec or audio renderer does not work here. Do you have chance to test in your case analogue output instead of HDMI?

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country

It looks the LAV audio codec can do only down-mixing according to other information on the web. It would mean even if you connect your MP with PA via HDMI, the MP with LAV audio decoder does not do any up-mixing, it means the conversion from 2+0 to 5+1 would be done by your AV receiver / PA with DTS or DPL decoder (supporting Dolby Prologic II or DTS Neo 6).
    In my case with Realtek audio driver I can just set up speaker configuration 5+1, bass management, room type and frequency equalizer. My PA is "poor" power amplifier without any DTS od DPL decoder for sure as I built it up by myself:).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom