How to get Fanart? (1 Viewer)

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey guys,

I am completely new to MyFilms and Ant Movie Catalog.
    I think I got most things figured out despite the retieval of fanarts. I searched here in the forums as well as those of AMC. Couldn't find anything about it - which I found a little bit surptising given the fact that most skins now use fanart. So please could one of you explain me how to get them? Which Script do you use? And where do you store them? Or don't you store them and just use the links in the fanart field? (On my latest two movies this field is filled with http://cf2.imgobject.com/t/p/original/oD141yDLpp1HtCMisklkA3slWAH.jpg after I run the AMCupdater).

Thanks in advance for bringing some light into it :)

Luca

Edit: Please tell me if I can provide any logs and/or screenshots so facilitate the invastigation...

Last edited:

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Hi Luca,
    best start is to look here in the Wiki.
    When you have used the setup wizard, fnart should be set automatically using defaults - if you did a manual setup, make sure fanart is enabled and a path is set.
    You'll get fanart by following ways:
    - Using AMCupdater to import movies - fanart will be loaded automatically, if it can be found
    - Doing global fanart update in MyFilms plugin - will update/load fanart for all your movies
    - Doing a fanart load/update for a single movie from context menu - will load fanart and additionally offer you choice of movies, if it cannot be identified uniquely.
    AMC itself does not offer download of fanart (well, there had been some user scripts long ago) - imho easiest is to use AMCupdater or MyFilms to do it.
    It is independant of the scripts you've choosen.

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Guzzi,

thanks for clearing things out, shoud have searched more in the wiki :whistle:
    AMC itself does not offer download of fanart (well, there had been some user scripts long ago) - imho easiest is to use AMCupdater or MyFilms to do it.
    It is independant of the scripts you've choosen.
    This wasen't clear to me. Don't know why I didn't have fanart after running amcupdater the first time but now it works!
    Still have to search for some movies' fanart manually from within mp but then everything shoud be fine!

Thanks again!
    Luca

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Great you got things sorted.
    Let me add: Fanart is not completely independant on the used scripts: When movie wil be imported, the selected script will give the title name to the movie (plus other details). Fanart scraper will later search the matching fanart with those titlenames (plus year and search hints) - so if the title is wrong or in a manner, that the fanart grabber cannot find the matching movie, that could of course result in missing fanart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom