[How to] KEEP MP on the same screen (TV) always? (1 Viewer)

maxirk

Portal Member
August 16, 2010
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
I have a monitor and TV connected to my PC (ASRock H55M + Intel® Core™ i3-530 Processor (4M Cache, 2.93 GHz) with good Integrated Intel HD Graphics).

I watch MP on TV.

I set to open MP on TV but when I switch off the TV and then switch it on and MP window moves to the monitor.

Then I always close MP (Alt+F4) and restart it. It's very inconvenient.

BTW on another PC with NVIDIA videocard there's no such problem.. So I think it's connected with Intel HD Graphics.

How to KEEP MP on the same screen (TV) always?

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I don't know of such a solution. The issue is, that your Gfx card alters the windows display settings when the TV is off, so that you do not have a 2nd monitor anymore. So windows moves all applications from the 2nd monitor to the first one. I am not sure if there is a windows notification that the 2nd monitor is available again.

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You might try minimizing & maximizing MP and map that action to a key / remote button.

maxirk

Portal Member
    August 16, 2010
    Home Country
    So this is Windows 7 annoying "feature" - the solutions downgrade to Windows XP
    What about such problem in Windows 8?

hfcrussell

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 16, 2007
    Perth
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Have you tried MediaPortal Config-->General-->Use screen selector to choose on which screen MP should start?

HTH,

Russell.

maxirk

Portal Member
    August 16, 2010
    Home Country
    hfcrussel you didn't understand the problem.

Have you tried MediaPortal Config-->General-->Use screen selector to choose on which screen MP should start?

YES! MP starts on the 2nd monitor (TV) but when I switch the TV off and then turn it on - MP window moves to the the 1st monitor.

So I will install Windows XP..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom