how to merge .sub with mkv ? (1 Viewer)

Vermi

Portal Member
February 28, 2009
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi

Im trying to find out how you merge a subtitle in .sub format with an mkv file.
I use mkvgui to merge a .srt file, but it wont take a .sub file.
please help :D

1stdead

Portal Pro
February 1, 2008
Copenhagen
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Sub files are just "pictures" directly extracted from dvd's. You have to OCR them with subrip or alternative programs and then you may add the .srt file in mkvtoolnix.

chris198810

Portal Member
July 11, 2011
Home Country
MKV now has been used widely online and offline, especially for HD movies. This file format supports subtitles which make it be more popular in saving movie files. But not all MKV videos have subtitles of course. So if you wanna add subtitles to MKV movies, you are in need of a professional tool for help. Now I will quickly walk you through the way to attach subtitles to Matroska .mkv files with an easy-to-use tool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP2 uses the same TV engine as MP1, so it must work also with MP2, you just need to select TVE3 and not TVE3.5 in the installer. MP2 also supports a 3rd TV engine TVMosaic, but this is configured web-based and I can not tell you, if this works with your hardware.
MP2 uses the same TV engine as MP1, so it must work also with MP2, you just need to select TVE3 and not TVE3.5 in the installer...
My computer is running Windows 10 Pro. I have installed MP2. Not sure what version. I have a Hauppauge WinTV 1850 TV card...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player app does not support the file type. So I installed VLC. VLC does read the ts files but the TV's remote does not allow to control basic VLC functions like FF or FR or pause etc... Tried 1-2 other apps, even...
Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player...
Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player...
Replies
Views
done: Loading...
done: Loading...
Hi. I have a problem with a WebEPG grabber I'm trying to do. The problem is that the site returns a json-file and I cant get my...
Replies
Views
If you can keep this up and running then I'm ready to add the theme back. But I do not see much difference with my theme in appearance.
If you can keep this up and running then I'm ready to add the theme back. But I do not see much difference with my theme in appearance.
Hi! Installed MP 1.31 today, and before I didn't have sub menus for TV and MovingPictures. My setup looked something like this...
Replies
Views
THX for info. 0.62 plugin version doesn't crash with MP 1.31 therefore, it seems to me to be little buggy...
THX for info. 0.62 plugin version doesn't crash with MP 1.31 therefore, it seems to me to be little buggy...
Started on: 2023-12-26 last update: 2023-12-26 Summary: Minimize the amount of data written to disk by simulating a tempfs RAM...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom