HTPCInfo plugin v1.15.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (6 Viewers)

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Just tried this and with the menu plugin I currently have a "missing or invalid file: ", which is weird. Normally it would tell me how the file is named after the ":".
Could be me doing something wrong, first timer ;) USing monochrome atm btw with default skin file

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi Joz,
I've tested the HTPCInfo plugin with your aMPed skin. The described error comes up, when the library "SpeedFanConnector.dll" cannot be found in your Plugins\Windows folder. Please check this and send me a feedback, thx.

Cheers Micropolis ;-)

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hey Micropolis,

I tested this with monochrome, got the SpeedFanConnector.dll sitting in plugins\windows folder as wel as the HTPCinfo.dll (double checked if it was the menu one, it is)
I do have the latest speedfan installed but did not yet configure the plugin if that helps (do I have too? just wanted to check it out :)).

Not sure what I'm doing wrong

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi Joz,
the SpeedFanConnector library uses the shared memory of Speedfan. Because of this, Speedfan must be started in the background of your HTPC.

If this also not work, please try the following steps:
  • open Speedfan and click the button "Configure"
  • click the tab "xAP" and click "Enable" to switch on broadcasting
  • in the field "UID" please enter "FF671100", fill the fields "Hostname" and "IP" with your computer specific values and set the field "Broadcast IP" to "xx.xx.xx.255" (xx are value 1 to 3 from your IP address)
  • save the configuration and restart Speedfan

Actually I'm unsure, if this solution helps. On my HTPC, Speedfan is working in the background, a Vista specific sidebar gadget shows me also the informations and MediaPortal is working perfectly. I'm a little stumped, sorry.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hey Micropolis,

I tested this with monochrome, got the SpeedFanConnector.dll sitting in plugins\windows folder as wel as the HTPCinfo.dll (double checked if it was the menu one, it is)
I do have the latest speedfan installed but did not yet configure the plugin if that helps (do I have too? just wanted to check it out :)).

Not sure what I'm doing wrong

Hi Joz,
today I had updated the HTPCInfo plugin to version v0.4.6. In this release you can find a diagnostic tool to check your actual Speedfan installation. Also I changed to code, that exceptions are better handled now. I hope the above error should no longer come.

A small wish from my side: Is it possible to adapt the skin file from this plugin to your actual aMPed, Monochrome and Indigo skin? This was very helpful for me.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hey Micropolis,

thanks for the update but I still get "missing or invalid file: ".
Ran the diagnostic which can read the values and tells me speedfan is installed and running.
Also now configured the plugin properly

I'm quite busy atm so I can't promise anything regarding the skinfiles but I'll try my best.

------------

Edit;

Just checked my logs, found this, might help?
2009-08-18 00:55:10.953125 [ERROR][MPMain]: Error initializing window:HTPCInfoPlugin.HTPCInfo De externe host heeft een verbinding verbroken mscorlib
Server stack trace:
bij System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
bij System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SocketStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
bij System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SocketHandler.ReadFromSocket(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
bij System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SocketHandler.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
bij System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SocketHandler.ReadAndMatchFourBytes(Byte[] buffer)
bij System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpSocketHandler.ReadAndMatchPreamble()
bij System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpSocketHandler.ReadVersionAndOperation(UInt16& operation)
bij System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpClientSocketHandler.ReadHeaders()
bij System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpClientTransportSink.ProcessMessage(IMessage msg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders, Stream& responseStream)
bij System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.BinaryClientFormatterSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
bij System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
bij System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
bij TvControl.IController.CardId(Int32 cardIndex)
bij HTPCInfoPlugin.HTPCInfo.InitPropertyValues()
bij HTPCInfoPlugin.HTPCInfo.Init()
bij MediaPortal.GUI.Library.PluginManager.LoadWindowPlugin(String strFile)

Seems like it has trouble connecting.

I have fanatic monitor and myspeedfan installed, maybe one of them interferes. Will check that.

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Ok just tried to interpret the error above.

Atm I have no analog cable due to reasons. I use analog with my tv card and the tv card + tvserver is not setup correctly overhere because having no signal makes that kinda hard. It seems like that might be the issue cause HTPCInfo is doing something with tvcontrol.

Also disabled both mentioned plugins with no avail.

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
HTPCInfo plugin for MediaPortal v0.4.7

Hi Joz,
thx for the posted log informations.
It seems, that your TVServer and/or your TVServer service is not running properly. This type of installation was not considered, sorry for this. Ok, I changed the code and include more exception handling routines. Thus, I could hopefully eliminate the problem. Please try the new version v0.4.7, I hope now it's ok.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

m6242

Portal Member
May 24, 2009
First of all, a great plugin !!!

I used MP with Blue3wide Skin (i think its the standard skin). The plugin works but it doesent look like your screenshots in Issue #1. I cant see any symbols und the space between the information is to small.
Can you fixed it for the blue3 skin ?

I also don't understand what i can do with the config file in MP Configuration. Which values will do what ?

Thanks for your answer and go on for this. It is really good !!!

M6242

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
HTPCInfo plugin for MediaPortal v0.4.7

Hi m6242,
thx for your feedback.

• Symbols: Please copy all images from the release folder to your skin directory, e.g. "c:\program files\team mediaportal\skin\blue3\media". If this does not help, please delete your skin cache and restart MediaPortal.
  • Space between lines: I don't know, which font size you are used. The best way is to post a screenshot here. Then I can see the difference to my installed skin.
  • Configuration dialog: By default, Speedfan reports the sensor values depending on the hardware. That means for example, that not always the first temperature value is the temperature value for your CPU. To simplify the assignment to a property, you can enter (depending on the displayed values in Speedfan) a "speaking" name here. For example, when you enter the text "CPU" in the first field, you can use the property #HTPCInfo.SensorTemperatureCPU instead of #HTPCInfo.SensorTemperature0.

I hope, my answers are ok.

Cheers Micropolis ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom