IMDb+ Plugin 2.1.0.291 with IMDb+ Scraper v4.9.xxx (2 Viewers)

fredco

Portal Pro
November 13, 2010
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Great stuff! I want to try your update, but I have two issues: how to download your attachment as an XML file and where to put it? I looked everywhere for the original IMDB+ XML, but haven't found it.

budinsky

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 12, 2009
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Great stuff! I want to try your update, but I have two issues: how to download your attachment as an XML file and where to put it? I looked everywhere for the original IMDB+ XML, but haven't found it.
    Right click on the xml and save link as should work. I found the source file by installing imdb+ and extracted the xml from the moving pictures database.
    You need to follow my previous instructions on how to remove and add the xml file to the moving pictures config.
    Select the imbd+ entry, then click the drop down on the minus icon and select Delete Selected Datasource. Then the plus icon drop down and Add a new Datasource, then pick the xml I have attached.

Setup the Movie Details like this so that IMDB+ is first by using the arrow buttons.

View attachment 213149

fredco

Portal Pro
    November 13, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    You truly are a wizard!!! Your tips worked like a charm! Now IMDB+ is doing what it always did.
    Thank you very much. I myself would never have found the way the XML is put into Moving Pictures. How did you find that out? And more so: how did you find out about the changes IMDB.com imposed and how did you make those changes to a more than complex XML? You really need quite a few programming skills for that!
    A few things that I've noticed in different behaviour from before in a total of 82 movies:

Big Hero 6 (2014) - picked up by IMDB+ but renamed to "Baymax (2014)"
    Fun & Fancy Free (1947) - picked up by IMDB+ but renamed into Dutch: "Bongo de Beer (1947)"
    Raya and the last Dragon (2021) - picked up by IMDB+ but renamed into Dutch: "Raya en de laatste draak (2021)"
    Tangled (2010) - picked up by IMDB+ but renamed into Dutch: "Rapunzel (2010)"
    The Emperor's New Groove (2000) - picked up by IMDB+ but renamed into Dutch: "Keizer Kuzco (2000)"
    The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1996) - picked up by IMDB+ but renamed into Dutch "De klokkenluider van de Notre Dame (1996)"

Fantasia 2000 (1999) - picked up by themoviedb.org not by IMDB+
    Melody Time (1948) - picked up by themoviedb.org not by IMDB+
    Sleeping Beauty (1959) - picked up by themoviedb.org not by IMDB+ and renamed into Dutch: "Doornroosje (1959)"
    The Lion King (1994) - picked up by themoviedb.org not by IMDB+ and renamed into French: "Léo le Lion (1994)"
    The Sword in the Stone (1963) - picked up by themoviedb.org not by IMDB+ and renamed into Dutch: "Merlijn de Tovenaar (1963)"
    The Good Dinosaur (2015) - picked up by themoviedb.org not by IMDB+
    Toy Story 3 (2010) - picked up by themoviedb.org not by IMDB+

The other 70 movies are all correctly scraped by IMDB+. Just so you know.

budinsky

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 12, 2009
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    You truly are a wizard!!! Your tips worked like a charm! Now IMDB+ is doing what it always did.
    Thank you very much. I myself would never have found the way the XML is put into Moving Pictures. How did you find that out? And more so: how did you find out about the changes IMDB.com imposed and how did you make those changes to a more than complex XML? You really need quite a few programming skills for that!
    Thanks! I am a programmer and I did a lot of research including this thread and trail and error to work out how the XML file works.
    A few things that I've noticed in different behaviour from before in a total of 82 movies:

Big Hero 6 (2014) - picked up by IMDB+ but renamed to "Baymax (2014)"
    Fun & Fancy Free (1947) - picked up by IMDB+ but renamed into Dutch: "Bongo de Beer (1947)"
    Raya and the last Dragon (2021) - picked up by IMDB+ but renamed into Dutch: "Raya en de laatste draak (2021)"
    Tangled (2010) - picked up by IMDB+ but renamed into Dutch: "Rapunzel (2010)"
    The Emperor's New Groove (2000) - picked up by IMDB+ but renamed into Dutch: "Keizer Kuzco (2000)"
    The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1996) - picked up by IMDB+ but renamed into Dutch "De klokkenluider van de Notre Dame (1996)"
    Seems like you might have to change your IMDB+ settings.
    Also check your these files for potential rename:
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\IMDb+\Rename dBase IMDb+ Scraper (Custom).xml
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\IMDb+\Rename dBase IMDb+ Scraper.xml

Here are my settings. Maybe start with them before making any changes.
    01.png 02.png 03.png

fredco

Portal Pro
    November 13, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks again. You being from Australia, you won't have a problem. Me, from the Netherlands I do. I am confronted with a localized version of IMDB. If a Dutch title is available, it is used. But if I use the IMDB site and search for i.e. Snowwhite and the Seven Dwarfs (1937) I get all info in English, except the title, which is "Sneeuwwitje en de zeven Dwergen (1937)". I can change this by logging into my account and changing the setting about title language. When I choose American-US the title is as it should. So it can be changed, but in Moving Pictures this setting has no effect. Maybe something in the IMDB+ XML?
    I have all the settings like you and the two XML's you mention are all completely in English. (Custom is empty.)

budinsky

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 12, 2009
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks again. You being from Australia, you won't have a problem. Me, from the Netherlands I do. I am confronted with a localized version of IMDB. If a Dutch title is available, it is used. But if I use the IMDB site and search for i.e. Snowwhite and the Seven Dwarfs (1937) I get all info in English, except the title, which is "Sneeuwwitje en de zeven Dwergen (1937)". I can change this by logging into my account and changing the setting about title language. When I choose American-US the title is as it should. So it can be changed, but in Moving Pictures this setting has no effect. Maybe something in the IMDB+ XML?
    I have all the settings like you and the two XML's you mention are all completely in English. (Custom is empty.)
    Yeah, I limited to getting the english stuff working as the file is large and felt like a lot of extra work and I was only getting it to work for myself but ended up sharing here. If you have a workaround with the using the American-US then maybe that's enough for now. One day the author might update this file or one day I might have another look.

fredco

Portal Pro
    November 13, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I found something: when scraping almost all movies are being picked up by IMDB+ according to Moving Pictures thanks to your adjustments. But it seems that the Rename dBase IMDb+ Scraper.xml is not used. A few examples:

Despicable Me (2010) becomes Despicable Me (2010) instead of Despicable Me I (2010)
    Despicable Me 2 (2013) becomes Despicable Me 2 (2013) instead of Despicable Me II (2013)
    Despicable Me 3 (2017) becomes Despicable Me 3 (2017) instead of Despicable Me III (2017)

Ice Age (2002) becomes Ice Age (2002) instead of Ice Age I (2002)
    Ice Age - The Meltdown (2006) becomes Ice Age: The Meltdown (2006) instead of Ice Age II: The Meltdown (2006)
    Ice Age - Dawn of the Dinosaurs (2009) becomes Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (2009) instead of Ice Age III: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (2009)
    Ice Age - Continental Drift (2012) becomes Ice Age: Continental Drift (2012) instead of Ice Age IV: Continental Drift (2012)
    Ice Age - Collision Course (2016) becomes Ice Age 5: Collision Course (2016) instead of Ice Age V: Collision Course (2016)

So no Roman numerals as stated in the Rename xml. Any thoughts?

budinsky

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 12, 2009
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I found something: when scraping almost all movies are being picked up by IMDB+ according to Moving Pictures thanks to your adjustments. But it seems that the Rename dBase IMDb+ Scraper.xml is not used. A few examples:

So no Roman numerals as stated in the Rename xml. Any thoughts?
    Just tested and it's working for me. Movie is found and Renamed with roman numerals.
    Remove Despicable Me movies then get MovingPictures to find them again and close MP.

Attach movingpictures.log and IMDb+.log from
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\log

Attach Options IMDb+ Scraper.xml from
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\IMDb+

You being from Australia, you won't have a problem. Me, from the Netherlands I do
    Not sure how I can test this. I tried a VPN to change my location to Japan and made no difference.

Last edited:

fredco

Portal Pro
    November 13, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I did what you said.

Attachments

• Options IMDb+ Scraper.xml
      1.7 KB
    • IMDb+.log
      2.7 KB