iMON VFD/LCD MiniDisplay driver for MediaPortal 1.1.3/1.2.1 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mt78

February 7, 2012
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
OK,

So I followed the instructions, but in the media portal configuration I don't have the minidisplay plugin?!?

Anyone got any ideas?

Many thanks

Alisdair
I have the same problem, what is wrong please? Is these path for files right? C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\? or C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\process ?

1stdead

Portal Pro
February 1, 2008
Copenhagen
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Almost one year with problems with the display :confused: (only got to work the remote or the display but not both) till I've seen this post today. I think I should visit the forums more often.

:D
Many, many ,many thanks. Everything working perfectly now.

Yeah same way it works for me. Either remote or display :(

I found a way to fix mine finally. I'm using IRSS!
Configure minidisplay as told earlier here. Install latest imon 8.12.somehting. Disable remote plugin and mediaportal setup.
Close mediaportal, IRSS, imon. Start IRSS, start mediaportal, start IMON. It has to be in that order, otherwise IRSS will close IMON. Now everything should be working. (Just need to find a way to restart/start IMON after mediaportal is started)

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

i use IRSS and Imon Software too and i start iMon with the "event mapper" within the MP Control Plugin. I execute the imon software on MP start, shut it down on Suspend and restart it after Resume and it works fine so far. The IRSS is started on normal system startup.

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    yes sure...i can make some screenshots but at the moment i am at work :)
    What do you need?only the settings for the event mappings?

1stdead

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Actually I just need the event mappings. I figured out how to start IMOn upon mediaportal start so i guess i'm missing the rest you talk about there :)

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

i just noticed, that i dont have to restart iMon at pc resume...it was an other tool that needs that.
    If you need to restart iMon you have to kill the imon task and execute the imon.exe. For killing a task simply write an .bat file with "Taskkill /im imon.exe" as command in it and save it under "C:\ProgramData\IR Server Suite\MP Control Plugin\Macro\".
    Inside MP Control Plugin configuration select the tab "Event Mapper" and add the corret commands for the events "PC_Resume" and "PC_Suspend" and "Mediaportal_start". For exectuing the .bat file just select "run program" as parameter and simply select the .bat file.

Settings overview for my configuration.
    Bild 004.png

1stdead

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Nice. I don't think i nice to restart iMON. Seems to be working fine.
    Now i just need to figure out how to disable these:

2012-03-28 20:44:43.207343 [Info.][(34)]: (IDisplay) ImonLcd.SetAspectRatio() called
    2012-03-28 20:44:43.207343 [Info.][(34)]: (IDisplay) ImonLcd.SetAspectRatio() completed
    (log file grows 15mb/hour)

Any ideas?

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I found a way to fix mine finally. I'm using IRSS!
    Configure minidisplay as told earlier here. Install latest imon 8.12.somehting. Disable remote plugin and mediaportal setup.
    Close mediaportal, IRSS, imon. Start IRSS, start mediaportal, start IMON. It has to be in that order, otherwise IRSS will close IMON. Now everything should be working. (Just need to find a way to restart/start IMON after mediaportal is started)

we can remove the kill of iMON by IRSS and all the stop/start logic if this can help.
    I may be able to provide a test version with a debug option for such logical change.

Simone

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom