[Finished] Improved EPG (MiniTV) (1 Viewer)

ed76

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    i asked that some time ago in mp1 forum. someone told me my feature request isnt possible with mp1 but with mp2:

is it possible to make 2 versions of epg (minitv) and the user can choose in the options witch one he likes more. the "enhanced minitv" should be like it is done on dreambox or all enigma 2 based receivers or xbmc or dvbviewer:
    on the one side of the screen you see the channellist like it is at the moment. on the other side of the screen you see the more or less complete epg description of the channel marked with the remote up down buttons.

here ist a example (found with google, its from an enigma2 based receiver):
    http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/2518/skin2liste.jpg

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This should be possible to implement, all required information is available and can be shown in OSD.

ed76

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    sounds good! how can this be implemented? "global" and the "enhanced minitv" is available with all skins or depends this only on the used skin?

Last edited:

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It can be implemented in different ways: if it is done in "default", then it is available in all skins. Or it can be done only in some, like Reflexion or Titanium.

I like the idea and think I will implement it soon.

ed76

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    thank you very much.
    befor i build my first htpc last year i used enigma2 based receivers (dreambox) for many years. and as i said thats the way the epg is displayed on such receivers. once you are familiarised with that kind of epg you will see thats much better than its at the moment. that kind of epg ("improved minitv") is perfect to see whats on tv at the moment, the other kind of epg ("programmvorschau") is in my opinion only usefull to see whats later on tv or to manage records.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    First work is done, see following screenshot as example:
    01_Miniguide_Progress_ProgDetails.jpg

ed76

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    perfect!!! how this is done? skin-related or as "default"?

at the moment i am happy with mp1, but with the next release of mp2 (winter?) i will extensiv test the new mp2, probably the new epg is implemented in the next mp2 version?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The new version will get included in next release, which will be Alpha 3 (which won't take too long to appear... :D)

Currently I think about if we should keep the "old" version as optional layout or simply use this one only.

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Currently I think about if we should keep the "old" version as optional layout or simply use this one only.
    There should still be a mp1 like EPG for making recordings etc :)

And great work! Its getting time to finish TVE3.5 :p

Last edited:

ed76

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There should still be a mp1 like EPG for making recordings etc :)

And great work! Its getting time to finish TVE3.5 :p

there still is the normal epg for records ("tv guide"). the modification concerns only the minitv-epg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom