is it a setting? (1 Viewer)

phobos16

Portal Member
October 29, 2007
Let me start off by saying that i love Media Portal and the My Films plugin.
I'm using the lastest stable version of Media Portal and the lastest version of the My Films plugin along with windows xp sp2.
I have all my films on a network server. example \\tower\movies\movie name\video_ts\video_ts.ifo
My films shows up everything perfectly in Media Portal.
The problem that i'm having is...
The movie plays fine when i click on play. if i stop the movie and try to restart it. i get "My Videos please insert disc"
If i go to the configuration file for My Films and save it again, everything is back to normal until i stop the movie and try to start it again.

What am i missing?
Why would it find the movie the first time and than forget where it is?
Please help

i forgot to say that i'm using DVD Profiler

daquint

Portal Pro
November 8, 2006
Hi Phobos - I am not really sure of your problem and i do not use DVD profiler, but i just wanted ask.

Are you using Lime's Unraid media server? Just curious, with the path - \\tower\movies\movie name\video_ts\video_ts.ifo

zebons

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006
I'm using the lastest stable version of Media Portal and the lastest version of the My Films plugin along with windows xp sp2.
I have all my films on a network server. example \\tower\movies\movie name\video_ts\video_ts.ifo
The movie plays fine when i click on play. if i stop the movie and try to restart it. i get "My Videos please insert disc"
If i go to the configuration file for My Films and save it again, everything is back to normal until i stop the movie and try to start it again.

What am i missing?
Please help

The xml database is updated at each launch for optimize file search next time. So may be something wrong here...
Can you send me an extract of your generated xml when it works and when it asks for mounting ?

phobos16

Portal Member
October 29, 2007
yes i am using an unraid server. Love it so far

What am i missing?
Please help

The xml database is updated at each launch for optimize file search next time. So may be something wrong here...
Can you send me an extract of your generated xml when it works and when it asks for mounting ?
not to sound too much like a newbie but which database file and where is it located?
i have only been using MP for a couple of months

zebons

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006

What am i missing?
Please help

not to sound too much like a newbie but which database file and where is it located?
It's the xml movie database generated by that plugin from your xml file.
if your filename is mymovies.xml, the generated'll be mymovies_tmp.xml stored either in the same directory than your file either in your thumbnail directory. If you don't find search for files '*_tmp.xml'

phobos16

Portal Member
October 29, 2007

What am i missing?
Please help

It's the xml movie database generated by that plugin from your xml file.
if your filename is mymovies.xml, the generated'll be mymovies_tmp.xml stored either in the same directory than your file either in your thumbnail directory. If you don't find search for files '*_tmp.xml'
i know which one you are talking about. i will get on that after work. thank you

phobos16

Portal Member
October 29, 2007
I hope this is what you were asking for. please let me know

Attachments

• first Collection_tmp.xml
    30.7 KB
  • second Collection_tmp.xml
    30.7 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom