Is there a global font colour control? (1 Viewer)

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Is there anywhere in streamedMP xml's that control font colours globally?

There is no colour tags in font xml's but if I were to add them would it overide any colours in the skin or are they all done on a per xml basis?

Cheers

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    The only place that controls font colours globally are in references.xml. Either the default for a control or when using styles. Unfortunately we are not using everything globally but on a per xml basis...that really needs to be cleaned up at some point.

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country
    The only place that controls font colours globally are in references.xml. Either the default for a control or when using styles. Unfortunately we are not using everything globally but on a per xml basis...that really needs to be cleaned up at some point.

So I'm guessing the 'style' attribute in the example below will reference to the matching style in references.xml, so any text with the "smallTitleB style will all be changed to whatever colour hex you put in the relevant style control in references?

Code:
    <control Style="smallTitleB">
          <label>#TVSeries.Episode.DataPanelLine3Key</label>
          <type>label</type>
          <posX>400</posX>
          <posY>392</posY>
          <width>150</width>
          <visible>control.isvisible(1239)+facadeview.list</visible>
          <animation effect="fade" time="250" delay="0">WindowClose</animation>
        </control>

Can imagine thats a long job to update all the files without it but would be very beneficial to themes.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    yeah, anything with the style smallTitleB will inherit from the style defined in references.xml.

Can imagine thats a long job to update all the files without it but would be very beneficial to themes.
    Indeed it is! There is certainly many other styles that could be created as well.

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country
    So if I were to add a edited references.xml file to a theme folder, would the xml's in the core streamedMP folder reference the new one or still reference to the original in the same folder, ie would every xml that has a style attribute also need to reside in the theme folder too?

The above may not make sense, I'm starting to confuse myself here :)

Trying to work out if I should start adding style attributes to files that don't have it.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    So if I were to add a edited references.xml file to a theme folder, would the xml's in the core streamedMP folder reference the new one or still reference to the original in the same folder, ie would every xml that has a style attribute also need to reside in the theme folder too?
    It's a good question, im not intimately familiar with the theme engine so I think you will just need to try it and see what happens.

Trying to work out if I should start adding style attributes to files that don't have it.
    See if the above holds true, definitely would be worth the effort if so and would appreciate any help you can provide in updating the core files. It will benefit for themes including your one ;)

Last edited:

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country
    Just done a quick trial and it seems only the references.xml needs to be present in the theme folder, any xml's that have the relevant style attributes will reference to the theme version of references.xml so thats good :)

Right so if I were to make a start editing the xml's which ones should I edit.

1.7.8 or 1.8.1 beta or does it not matter?

Is there a way I can extract the xml's from the installer without actually installing? can't really start with my files as many have probably been molested at some point and are probably not as original.

Cheers

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I would just do 1.8+ as that is the one that will benefit most from it.

You would be best to just do a svn checkout, and modify from that. Do you know how to do that? My approach would be:

1. Rename your existing streamedmp folder.
    2. Create a new StreamedMP folder.
    3. Do a SVN Checkout to new folder.
    4. Load MP and start editing away.
    5. Provide a SVN Patch.

Checkout/Patch is relatively simple enough to do from the TortoiseSVN context menu.

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country
    No i dont know what that is, all new to me, I just do my editing with a simple editor called text wrangler. I dont even know what SVN is, seen it mentioned on the forums here and there and keep meaning to look it up.

Wil do some reading next time im off work.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    TortoiseSVN is a tool that allows you to get the very latest source files (xmls) from our repository. Its definitely worth looking into ;)

Its pretty simple to use and integrates into Windows Explorer so you can just right click on a folder and point to our repository when doing a SVN Checkout.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom