Issue Upgrading - ClearArt Directory in Another Location (1 Viewer)

pirivan

Portal Pro
January 19, 2008
Hi All,

I have what is hopefully a pretty quick/easy issue to resolve. I am currently running version v1.2.1.1679 of StreamedMP and I am attempting to run the installer to upgrade to 1.4.11 to get the latest version of the skin and the latest version of TV Series/Moving Pictures and Fanart Handler. When the installer runs I get the following error:

Error 1606. Could not access network location \\server-whs\mediaportal\thumbs\ClearArt

Basically the installer is looking for a clearart directory on a server that I have since swapped out with with another one (the directory is now \\server-08r2\mediaportal\thumbs\ClearArt) and moved the files over. I assume this information is stored in a configuration .xml file somewhere. If so, where is it so that I can update it to the proper, new server location and complete the upgrade?

I am running MediaPortal v1.1.0.0 in case it matters.

As a side note, is there any way to run the installer to facilitate the upgrade without needing to re-pick the layouts etc? I would prefer I could just run the upgrade without reconfiguring it because (sadly) due to my poor memory I don't recall what I choose when I set it up initially. Also related, will doing the upgrade remove any basic home design I have done (choosing a custom background for a menu item, rearranging the menu items etc)? If the answer to either of these are just that I will need to re-set things up again that is totally fine, I just want to make sure there isn't another option that I am not aware of.

Thanks for any assistance!

-----EDIT/UPDATE-----

In case anyone runs into this issue at a later date, to resolve this I did a search on the registry for \\server-whs\mediaportal\thumbs\ClearArt and replaced all occurrences with the REAL path on the new server (there were only two occurrences). This allowed the installer to continue.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Try a search in the registry for your old path and replace with new one. You should backup before hand.

You are upgrading from a very old version, I believe most things will be migrated but can't remember without digging through the code. The latest release 1.4.x would have no problem with migrating everything...you can even choose to keep your setting if you uninstall.

pirivan

Portal Pro
    January 19, 2008
    Hi Itfearme,

Thanks for the reply! I did indeed do a search through the registry (I updated my above post) and it found two items to replace. I am glad I thought of looking through the registry; I was going insane trying to search through .xml files! After I made the replacements I was able to complete the upgrade without any issues! It looks like it did indeed keep most/all of my settings; woo hoo! It sounds like the new version will make this even smoother so that will be good to know in the future. I feel a bit silly getting so out of date as far as versions go. I (stupidly) was only using the 'update checker' for the skin which was telling me that it was up-to-date; I just assumed that that was the case. I should have been checking the forums on a more regular basis; whoops. Anyhow, thanks again for the reply!

TiboTv

Portal Pro
    June 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi @ltfearme,

Same problem with an upgrade from StreamedMP 1.2.0.0 to 1.9.0 : error 1606 : Could not access network location \\servertv\mpsharings\thumbs\Skin Fanart

Since the last updated I switched TVServer application on an other machine named "servtv".
    After changing to path into the registry, rebooting, there's still no effect.

Could you help?

Thanks a lot

TiboTv

Portal Pro
    June 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Thanks! After a complete cleaning of registry and a fresh install, it works!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom