[Bug] keyboard shortcuts set back to defaults when updating from 1.2.3 to 1.3.0RC (1 Viewer)

kobus

Portal Member
February 12, 2008
When updating from MP 1.2.3 to MP 1.3.0RC my settings for keyboard shortcuts where set back to default.

I had changed the key for "previous window"from esc (default) to backspace, for instance.

Last edited by a moderator:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    When updating from MP 1.2.3 to MP 1.3.0RC my settings for keyboard shortcuts where set back to default.

I had changed the key for "previous window"from esc (default) to backspace, for instance.
    Hi kobus,

That's not a bug, when you upgrade all default files will be overwritten. Best is to keep a copy of keymap.xml, and replace it after an update. You can do the same with MediaPortal.xml (which stores ALL your MP Config settings) and all other plugin .xml files in your Program Data folder.

Setting this to No Bug.

kobus

Portal Member
    February 12, 2008
    Ok, I know its not a big issue but still, the MP 1.3.0RC info page says:
    Upgrading from 1.2.x, or 1.3.0 Alpha/Beta to 1.3.0 RC

All MediaPortal 1.2.x and 1.3.0 Alpha/Beta installations can be upgraded to 1.3.0 RC, without losing your settings.
    source: https://www.team-mediaportal.com/news/mediaportal-1-3-0-rc-released

So I did not expected this behaviour and reported it as a bug.

For me this is part of the biggest annoyance of MP: Each update requires some amount of tinkering. I also have problems with the TV codecs and RarFileSource plugin since 1.3.0RC (but this is a different subject).

Positive note: The automation of updates is definitely getting better. I really like the new skin (Titan). And I absolutely love MP!

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yeah, we might need to adjust that message a bit... It refers to the .xml files in the program data folder (which is backupped during install/upgrade)

Tip: https://www.team-mediaportal.com/extensions/system/backupsettings
    Run it before you update, and you should have everything backupped.

** EDIT **
    Had another look and somehow the keymap.xml isn't part of the backup process (and the eHome Transceiver List + Wikipedia.xml neither). Think those files (or at least the keymap.xml) should be included in the backup process.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom