KWORLD UB435-Q (Nemesis) - Long Unresolved Issue (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Got your test message. You're on the right track... :)

NRivera637

Portal Member
    September 7, 2013
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    URETHRA..!!! The Issue of KWORLD's UB435-Q V2 has been resolved (well sort of...). Thanks to the help of MM1352000 my UB435-Q tuners are finally working. I have been testing it for the past week and they work like a charm. The problem as I understand it from our effort, is rooted in the fact that the tuners are looking in the wrong place for frequencies to scan and there doesn't seem to be a way to fix it proper (KWORLD is of no help on fix). Though the UB435-Q is an ATSC/QAM tuner - it insists in actually working only as an ATSC tuner just like my working ATI tuner. Problem is that the UB435-Q while acting as an ATSC tuner looks for DVB-C TunningParameters and never finds a proper frequency (no DVB-C in USA) and much less any channels - no way to fix that from KWORLD. The solution is to simply build a DVB-C file with the proper ATSC frequencies in it and - VOILA!!!

I am using an ATI Theater 650 PCIe tuner and two UB435-Q V2 tuners (2 other V3 cards crash my machine when tuning). The DVB-C file I created (USA.Houston Comcast) reflects 'USA' as country, 'Houston' (Texas) as region and Comcast as the cable provider - this is what shows up nicely when selecting the ATSC region. The actual frequencies I extracted from the ATI scans (IRC, Standard & Alternate). Presumably everyone will have some way to know what frequencies pertain to their Regions if different.

The fix is at first a bit tedious but once done you only need to upkeep it by running periodic scans and updating the DVB-C (ATSC) TunnngParameters file. As time allows I will be building all the details & sample, steps & screenshots as well as a Primer TuningParameters file needed for anyone else to do this. There is more tweaking to do so it'll take a little bit but getting those damn UB435-Q tuners out of the junk drawer and working is worth it. I struggled for a year and someone's been waiting since 2009 for a solution so a little wait will be worth it.

Thanks again to MM1352000 for his time and effort towards this solution - I'll be publishing it as soon as I can. :)

(I hope I put this in the right place for anyone to read...!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom