Lightpack help! (1 Viewer)

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Awesome :D

After long period testing the current test version if could you try this previous build that would be great as that one was a bit more efficient with allocation, like python approach it re-uses the memory map:

AtmoLight 1.16.1.20
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/lightpack-help.124568/page-13#post-1143197

Too bad that there are no errors in the OV log as that could pinpoint the problem, with the refresh rate changer there's the short display refresh which might be somehow causing it but then it should have affected normal playback with 24p movies for instance as you get the same switching between 50/60hz.

zekaja

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2010
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hello @Rick164 ... so i've been running this build for a week or so, and the effect is great by the way... Sometimes it still turns off and doesn't come back on. I've collected a log where the error appears, but sometime the log is clean. This build can run for a long time and just work and the once or twice a day you have to restart MP to get it to work again. It really seems to me it happens every time when OV is invovled. Playing a youtube clip or playing a trailer, i've never seen it stop working right after playing movies, series or live tv....

But this is really the closest working build for ambibox i've tried.....
    [2015-07-25 09:02:06,044] [Error ] [AtmoLight AmbiBox Init] [ERROR] - AtmoLight: AmbiBoxHandler - Error connecting to 127.0.0.1:3636
    [2015-07-25 09:02:06,044] [Error ] [AtmoLight AmbiBox Init] [ERROR] - AtmoLight: AmbiBoxHandler - Exception: Der kunne ikke oprettes forbindelse, fordi destinationscomputeren aktivt nægtede det 127.0.0.1:3636
    The Above is from logs when there is some in logs....

zekaja

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2010
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    One more question ... What exactly is this part of Atmolight:

upload_2015-7-25_14-33-21.png

Is there any reason to change it?

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    But this is really the closest working build for ambibox i've tried.....
    [2015-07-25 09:02:06,044] [Error ] [AtmoLight AmbiBox Init] [ERROR] - AtmoLight: AmbiBoxHandler - Error connecting to 127.0.0.1:3636
    [2015-07-25 09:02:06,044] [Error ] [AtmoLight AmbiBox Init] [ERROR] - AtmoLight: AmbiBoxHandler - Exception: Der kunne ikke oprettes forbindelse, fordi destinationscomputeren aktivt nægtede det 127.0.0.1:3636
    The Above is from logs when there is some in logs....

It's losing connection to AmbiBox according to that error, could be a bug on their end though with too much data being send and crashing AmiBox app.
    Hard to track that one down but could you close Mediaportal when that happens and check if AmbiBox is still running, if not if it has any logging options best to turn them on and post those log afterwards :)

One more question ... What exactly is this part of Atmolight:

View attachment 167215

Is there any reason to change it?

The default is fine but what that does is change the size of the picture we grab from the video, by default it's a square which means it's not 100% accurate for widescreen videos.
    With that option you can change the capture size to that of a widescreen(16:9) format so long as you don't go overboard with it as a large capture size increases resource usage and the receiving end would have to be able to process it fast enough.
    Last time I tried with Hyperion it flooded it and crashed their daemon (too much data), for local applications like AtmoWin or AmbiBox it might work though.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Attached new version which has the same Ambibox changes as 1.16.1.24 however it contains some other general bug fixes and a new feature (minimize MePo disables leds) which we have been working on, if no errors popup this will soon be the new release version.
    If you notice any new issues with it please let me know.

Attachments

• AtmoLight_1.16.1.30.mpe1
      432.7 KB

zekaja

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2010
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Attached new version which has the same Ambibox changes as 1.16.1.24 however it contains some other general bug fixes and a new feature (minimize MePo disables leds) which we have been working on, if no errors popup this will soon be the new release version.
    If you notice any new issues with it please let me know.
    Hi @Rick164 ... Really nice work ... I've been testing this build really hard. No break down what so ever ..... I think the key to getting nice results with ambibox lies in it's settings, more so than in Atmolight..

What i've done is play around with ambibox FPS setting trying to lover it. As you can see from belov the 30 fps mark, is working on my system, and since i've done that i have it working... Atmolight did not write anything in MP error log whatsoever, but I can still see some errors in ambox log, wich i've uploaded by the way. Visually it seems there is some glitches here and there, maybe once every hour or so, and it looks like the color doesn't change for a second or so...

upload_2015-8-5_21-45-13.png

Over all great work here and i'm loving my lights... so Big thnx.:)

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for the extra info, will be updating the AtmoLight documentation where needed in the coming weeks and will include this for the AmbiBox setup (y)

Depending on your current led strips (model / type) you might be able to run Hyperion instead as you could connect those to it but takes a bit more time to setup, however it doesn't have any FPS limitations or quirks (flawless here for months now).
    But if you're satisfied with the current solution there's no reason to switch of course :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom