Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    hi :)
    Only one or other but not both :) sorry to my very bad explanation :)
    Thanks.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I think there are two different issues here - the one you describe (also discussed in glenn 1990's thread), and FFDShow DXVA crashing when removed from the graph (which looks like it *might* be because the graph isn't in the 'stopped' state at that point). We need to fix the crashing problem first, because the cure for the other problem is likely to involve doing more filter removal/insertion on channel changes.

Tony

Yeah,

There are two issue,
    First issue, i think crash will be solve by disconnect output pin from FFDShow DXVA :)
    Second issue : try biggest patch to see if it change something :)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Sebastiii

The v1 doesn't solve my problem... but v25 does! :D

:D:D:D

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi Sebastiii

The v1 doesn't solve my problem... but v25 does! :D

:D:D:D

Cool :)

The v1 didn't solve CTD ?
    The v25 load DoGraphRebuild (for both audio and video) based on "glenn 1990" change https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/734906-post4.html, i know that in this method only Video should be change but seems better to change both and all other rework should be ok too :).

Maybe this hack in "public int OnVideoFormatChanged" is not need on special Tony TsReader_formatChangeHack1.zip (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/763316-post106.html)

Thanks for testing :) and cool if it's works :)
    Seb.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The v1 didn't solve CTD ?
    I don't experience CTD all the time - usually just picture corruption. I had experienced one CTD without the patch, then while I was testing v1 I experienced another CTC. :confused:

The v25 load DoGraphRebuild (for both audio and video) based on "glenn 1990" change https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/734906-post4.html, i know that in this method only Video should be change but seems better to change both and all other rework should be ok too :).
    So does v25 force a rebuild for Cyberlink as well? Cyberlink is able to handle the format change even with DxVA enabled...

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi mm :)
    Ok :)
    I just tested special TsReader from Tony and effectively, filter are remove and readd to the graph for each channel change (so no need to add glenn 1990 hack) and i didn't get any CTD with v25.

Btw, i didn't make deep test with v1, but for sure FFDShow DXVA didn't like remove when his output pin is connected :).

And yep , i confirm you that i force rebuild graph for all codec, maybe we can add a check (on TsReader side surely better ?) on what filter need graph building (i.e FFDShow) .
    Thanks.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just to summarise -

Both Seb's v25 patch and my hacked TsReader will force a remove and re-add of video/audio filters on every channel change, so that (as mm has found) should fix the FFDShow DXVA SD<->HD corruption problem. But we don't really want to do this for all decode filters (I assume) so yes, we could make it selective in TsReader so it's only forced for FFDShow DXVA, but there are probably other decoders that need the fix too....any thoughts ?

I'd still like to have proper checking of the graph state before filter removal (just calling _mediaCtrl.Stop() doesn't guarantee it's actually stopped when it returns - the call is not necessarily synchronous, according to MS). Attached is a patch including Seb's v1 mod and some graph state checking code - it builds OK but I haven't had a chance to run it yet....

Tony

Attachments

• TSReader_FFDShow_DXVA_v2.patch
      1.3 KB

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Tony,

Tested works ok :) and sure is better to really check if it's stopped :)
    Thanks,

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    OK,thanks :)

So should we put the 'FFDShow DXVA crash on removal' bug into Mantis and see if we can get the (simple, V2) patch into MP 1.2.0RC ?

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom