[Approved] Master Volume and Master Volume mute in Vista and above. (2 Viewers)

te3hpurp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2008
    Rovaniemi
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Sorry. :-( I really don't know how to use git. Version allways changes if I merge branch, or use patch approach. Sh.....t.
    I wish could do it. I can allways build whole svn updater which updates Mp to svn version(both Mp and server). Then it works. That is how I do it at home, but it is too big for attachment.

If someone gives me Git commands to merge this branch to Release_1.2.3, so that version stays at 1.2.3.0. Using my local repo, It would be nice.

Br,

muellinger

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 9, 2009
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    just got directed to this thread from the MediaPortal 1.2.3 released thread, cause i had a problem with different muting behavior between MePo and Windows UI.
    I definately vote for putting this function into the default deployment of MediaPortal!
    Saved my day. Thanks!
    Carsten

mpsam

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2009
    Thanks so much for this. It has reduced the huge swings in volume that I had sometimes experienced from file to file (Especially movies to podcasts) :)

bloasfist

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Applying this patch does make the option to control master volume possible (and i can select it), but when i close mp config and the reopen it, the setting is set at wave again. Win7 ultimate and mediaportal 1.2.3

te3hpurp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2008
    Rovaniemi
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Applying this patch does make the option to control master volume possible (and i can select it), but when i close mp config and the reopen it, the setting is set at wave again. Win7 ultimate and mediaportal 1.2.3

Hi.

Logs please. But without logs I can only make a guess. I might be for example that write permissions for the config file is denied. I cannot reproduce the issue.

Br,

Jelmo

Portal Pro
    September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just a quick note from my side ... it´s working great. Please make sure, that this one will be included in 1.2.4 or 1.3

Thanks for that great work

bloasfist

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Hi.

Logs please. But without logs I can only make a guess. I might be for example that write permissions for the config file is denied. I cannot reproduce the issue.

Br,
    I've attached a log where i open the configuration.exe, set the volume control to 'master' and close configuration. When i open it afterwards, the old setting (wave) is still selected... Where do i find the config file to check for the writing permissions?

te3hpurp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2008
    Rovaniemi
    Home Country
    Finland Finland

Hi.

Br,
    I've attached a log where i open the configuration.exe, set the volume control to 'master' and close configuration. When i open it afterwards, the old setting (wave) is still selected... Where do i find the config file to check for the writing permissions?

Could you post all the logs from the same folder that configuration log was. Especially error.log, but the more, the better

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom