RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    TLD,

As a test I downloaded the current v1.2 mc2xml.exe file from the mc2xml webpage and put the .exe and xmltv.dtd file in a test folder. Then started a cmd.exe command window in the test folder. When I ran the mc2xml for "legacy" it showed the following output and produced a 30 MB xmltv.xml file. When I open this xml file in excel 2007 (takes forever) it shows the channels and program listings I expect to see.

I still have problems with Vista Media Center EPG, this still stops at April 19 and has not been updated in over a week.

Loading ..... : mc2xml (c) <mc2xml@gmail.com> (v1.2)
    Reminder .... : Unauthorized redistribution prohibited.
    Reminder .... : If this software is useful, please donate!
    Win32 setup . : Use dialog for initial configuration.
    Connecting .. : microsoft.com
    Win32 setup . : Use dialog for lineup selection.
    Downloading . : microsoft.com
    Downloaded .. : 586416 bytes in 2s
    Source ...... : Zap2it
    Headend ..... : 260173159 (B94027-)
    Version ..... : 2802580916
    Start time .. : 2012-04-06T00:00:00 UTC
    End time .... : 2012-04-20T01:30:00 UTC
    Parsing ..... : Digital Terrestrial Lineup
    Writing ..... : xmltv.xml
    Writing ..... : mc2xml.dat
    Completed ... : 31563917 bytes in 18s, 106 channels, 45228 programs scheduled.

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    It seems that something has changed and you have to erase the .dat files so new ones are created.
    I just tried running my batch file and got a 'no new data' status but after deleting those files, new information was grabbed.

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    hmm, so all I need to do is find and delete the vista version of xmltv.dat and my vista WMC guide will start updating again

sidebyside

April 15, 2012
    Home Country
    Japan Japan
    I tried to erase .dat files and ran mc2xml, but mc2xml couldn't get new information.
    I'm in trouble.
    ==
    $ ./mc2xml -f
    Loading ..... : mc2xml (c) <mc2xml@gmail.com> (v1.2)
    Reminder .... : Unauthorized redistribution prohibited.
    Reminder .... : If this software is useful, please donate!
    Notice .(-f). : "-f" forces the re-download of data you already have.
    Notice .(-f). : Regular use of "-f" unnecessarily burdens the data servers.
    Reading ..... : mc2xml.dat
    Downloading . : microsoft.com
    Downloaded .. : 96088 bytes in 2s
    Source ...... : 日刊編集センター
    Headend ..... : 47
    Version ..... : 2802512263
    Start time .. : 2012-04-05T15:00:00 UTC
    End time .... : 2012-04-13T14:58:00 UTC
    Parsing ..... : 横浜・川崎
    Writing ..... : xmltv.xml
    Writing ..... : mc2xml.dat
    Completed ... : 1424633 bytes in 5s, 9 channels, 2999 programs scheduled.

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Just noticed that my script also didn't pull any new data even though it worked a few hours ago but that could also be because of the short timeframe between those 2 attempts.
    I have 3 .dat files since I use different sources, deleted them again, started my batch file and received new data.

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    I tried deleting the .dat file and it did let me download data but it was the same data as i already had (5 days of data) so i will try again tomorrow and see if there will be new data (the usual 10 days).

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    That's a bummer...
    I bit the bullet and moved over to Webgrab+Plus because I was fed up of those regular hick ups & did not find it logical to use a tool that gets information indirectly. (MS gets their data from different sources and we as users retrieve the data from MS)
    Webgrab+Plus retrieves data directly from the EPG-websites which in my opinion has a higher availability for EPG data and you can choose yourself - within a selection of course - which websites you use as a source.
    I would advice all of you to have a look at it!
    P

EDIT: this is another source on how to get it working

perpetualapprentice

April 15, 2012
    Home Country
    I have the exact same mc2xml version as Ron and am getting the exact same results (end date is 4/20). For what it's worth, I'm also on the west coast. This happened awhile ago (last year?) but updating to the newest mc2xml revision solved the problem. Unfortunately that didn't help this time. It is frustrating... I'm remain hopeful the listings will eventually update.

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I guess most - if not everyone - users use v1.2 of mc2xml because the previous stopped working back then due to some changes. (I assume on the side of MS).
    Now, it's not a problem of the program, check out this post.

Users who are viewing this thread