Media Portal TV Server - MCE plugin (1 Viewer)

heerfordt

Portal Pro
February 19, 2007
Hi all,

I think you done a very good job with the tv server, it far exceeds the possibilities of what Microscum has to offer in MCE.:D

But it would be very nice if a MCE plugin was created working with the Media Portal TV Server so that it was possible to view TV on a XBOX360.... Just a suggestion.:D

Cheers.
The fool who has bought an xbox360!.

Nightmare77

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Canberra
Home Country
i'm not sure a MCE pluging would be of any help, from what i understand it their needs to be a plugin designed/written that will work on xbox 360 that is capable of taking the live stream from the MP server/engine

heerfordt

Portal Pro
February 19, 2007
XBOX360 TV plugin through Transcoder360.

Hi again,

Some how its possible for Transcoder360 to pass on a raw MPEG-2 stream to XBOX360. The same technic could be used for this plug-in. :confused:

This is sort of a workaround for running unintended applications on the XBOX360. It would be very great to have decent live TV abilities on XBOX360.

If this was done the Media Portal would have it´s first console extender:)

/

joboehl

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    Think it would be a nice project for someone to try. Not only this, but apparently MCE in vista would allow someone to write replcements for it's own functions (so you could replace the TV function with your own TV function for example).

But I would bet on XBMC beating 360 and being a first console extender. (trying to put some fire in this....) ;)

james194zt

April 4, 2007
    Wow, I was thinking the exact same thing as it leads nicely on from Transcode 360 which I am co developer of. Basically I want to use my DVB S card with a CI properly so I can watch SKY UK without a set top box, my idea was to replace the My TV section of Media Center with a new version based on the MediaPortal plugin.

This shouldn't be too difficult to do as I have gained experience in MCML from writing Transcode 360s new front end and was looking at reusing as much of Media Portals solution and code as I could and building it in to the Media Center environment as a plugin. The solution would only work in Vista as you will need to use the new MCML features of this Media Center.

If anybody has C# skills and can assist I would be very grateful but I am going to start work on it this weekend!

Cheers

James

heerfordt

Portal Pro
    February 19, 2007
    Mce plugin

Hi James,

Great! Maybe we should move over to the development thread instead then ?.

tjcanto

June 25, 2006
    Hi Uffe!

Thanks a lot for your work. MCE TvServerPlugin is something I was waiting for. I couldn't find another thread about your plugin, so my comment comes here. Sorry if it is not the proper place.

I tried to use your plugin in my MCE2005 (Spanish) but without success. Every time I went to it I received messages saying I was not authorized to access to the page. I understood that could be a problem of permissions in IExplorer, so I changed them in intranet settings and later in trusted sites. But no luck.

Any idea what to do?

Beside that, another question about requirements.

Does it work without installing MediaPortal? I mean, installing only TvServer engine v3 and your plugin.

Thanks in advance

heerfordt

Portal Pro
    February 19, 2007
    Hi Tjcanto,

Glad you find it usefull!.

I dont have a clue about the problem, have you tried calling some of the Plugin commands in a browser ?

http://localhost:8000/list - for instance...

The application uses some ActiveX component to do some XML parsning.. maybe you dont have perm. for that in your browser setup?.

Yeah, you dont need to install MediaPortal to use the plugin... it should work directly with the TvServer Engine v3.

The other thread is here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/tvserver_xbox360-t24474.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom