Media Renamer [v2.0 2009-07-21] (1 Viewer)

ccMatrix

Portal Pro
November 9, 2006
Some of you might already know this application suite from the MP-TVSeries Thread. It consists of two applications that help you rename your TV Series or Movies.

MediaRenamerIcon_256x256.png

The TV Show Renamer
This application is designed for TV series renaming. It will scan in a folder that contains your series (and all subfolders) and try to retreive the series name, series and episode number as well as the title of the episode. It will then display the new names of the episodes it can rename. You can rename an episode by clicking on the button or selecting the episode and pressing enter (which is much faster if you rename a lot of files).
There is also a shell extension which will add a "TV Show Renamer" context menu option to your media and subtitle files. With this context menu you can rename your episodes with 2-3 clicks instead of launching the entire application.

The Movie Renamer
This application will try to clean up the name of your movie and retreive the correct name from imdb together with the year of the movie. It will then rename the movie to "moviename (1999).avi" or "moviename (1999,CD1).avi". Of course all new names are listed before you actually rename the applications so you can double check them. The movie renamer also renames folders if you are working with a folder structure instead. This is also the reason why the movie renamer doesn't go into subfolders of your moviefolder. The files in subfolders will be untouched.

Download
The latest stable release is MediaRenamer 2.0

All downloads are available on Google Code: mediarenamer - Google Code

It needs the .NET Framework version 2.0. If you do not have it installed please download it from Microsoft

If you encounter any problems please let me know in this thread.

Bobb25

Portal Pro
November 26, 2006
Durban
Home Country
South Africa South Africa
Sweet! This really is an amazing tool. I have been using your TV series renamer since you posted it in the MP-TVseries thread and i have spread it around to all my mates who are episode whores like myself! One thing, i notice i had to install dotnetfx1.1. I had dotnetfx2.0 installed but for some reason i still had to install 1.1. Will it be the same with this release? Its not a biggie for me, just took me a while to find 1.1 and download and install it.

I will be using this version tonight to rename all my "dummy" avi's that i am creating as a work around so i can see in MP-TVseries what stuff i have backed up to DVD. I just created a tiny avi that says "Please insert relevant TV DVD" so my wife will know that that episode is backed up to DVD and know to insert the disc and browse to the episode she wants to watch. Will feedback with any bugs/comments.

Thanks again :D

pannivas

Portal Pro
July 26, 2006
Nicosia
Home Country
Cyprus Cyprus
great tool. it comes really handy.

but i still can't get the context menu to show up when i right click on a media file.

Test it on WinXP SP2, Win2003 Server SP1 and WinXP MCE SP2.

ccMatrix

Portal Pro
November 9, 2006
Sweet! This really is an amazing tool. I have been using your TV series renamer since you posted it in the MP-TVseries thread and i have spread it around to all my mates who are episode whores like myself! One thing, i notice i had to install dotnetfx1.1. I had dotnetfx2.0 installed but for some reason i still had to install 1.1. Will it be the same with this release? Its not a biggie for me, just took me a while to find 1.1 and download and install it.
As I am using Visual Studio .NET 2003 I can only create applications for .NET 1.1.
Can you give me a link to the redistributable file you found ? I can add the link to the main post so everyone will find it faster.

ccMatrix

Portal Pro
November 9, 2006

but i still can't get the context menu to show up when i right click on a media file.

I created a new installer with a different setup tool. I think the setup works much better now. The new location is in the main post.

pannivas

Portal Pro
July 26, 2006
Nicosia
Home Country
Cyprus Cyprus

I created a new installer with a different setup tool. I think the setup works much better now. The new location is in the main post.

I get the context menu now and it works just fine.

Thanks Matrix

as a side note in the program menu there is no shorcut for tvshowrenamer.exe and MovieRenamer.exe

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom