[News] MediaPortal 1.2.2 RELEASED! (1 Viewer)

hilfer

Portal Pro
November 3, 2010
Home Country
Portugal Portugal
ok I will do it later and will be back with news.

Ok Just did it and the result is:

A message saying:

fAILED TO LOAD YR LANGUAGE ! ABORTING STARTUP.

Next I can see the splah scream that I had before (with streamedMP skin) for a few seconds only...

???

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    It is probably best to post help threads in the other bits of the forum (General Support or Newcomers Forum), since this is a news thread and your problems will get lost.

Well done to everyone at MP and thanks for the update.

Robbo100

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Thank you very much for your effort guys and I hope that all of you can relax and enjoy the holidays!

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Rename "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal_backup" -> "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal"

Try and start MP. :)

That's brilliant. I can't think of an easier fix.

Maybe the installer in the future could pop up a message "are you sure you want a clean installation?" before installation commences so careless users (been there, done that = cold sweat) don't have to freak out?

Emph

Collective

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Ok, this might be a really stupid question, but after rebuilding my HTPC and upgrading from vista x32 to win 7 x64, when I run the deploy tool for 1.2.2, it asks if I want to install 32bit or 64 bit versions.

I was under the impression that MP was 32 bit only. Has this changed? anything I should be aware of with a 64 bit installation? Any simple advice that might save me hours of frustration, or just help clarify the difference if any of the 2 options?

Thanks

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Ok, this might be a really stupid question, but after rebuilding my HTPC and upgrading from vista x32 to win 7 x64, when I run the deploy tool for 1.2.2, it asks if I want to install 32bit or 64 bit versions.

I was under the impression that MP was 32 bit only. Has this changed? anything I should be aware of with a 64 bit installation? Any simple advice that might save me hours of frustration, or just help clarify the difference if any of the 2 options?

Thanks

For 1.. Win vista 32bit cannot be upgraded to win7 64bit.. It needs a fresh install (maybe that's what u mean)

2ndly.. There is not 64bit version of mediaportal.. It runs on the DirectShow platform which only supports 32bit applications. If you develop MP yourself you can make it 64bit.. But it most definitely not an option here today.

Note: 32bit applications work on win7 64bit just fine.

And may I say THANK TEAM MEDIAPORTAL!!! U people rock!!!

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa

Thanks
    MP = Only 32bit.
    I did not know the deploytool ask for that. Even checked the wiki. No 64bit here to test. Can you please attach screenshot?

For 1.. Win vista 32bit cannot be upgraded to win7 64bit.. It needs a fresh install (maybe that's what u mean)
    I think he meant fresh install "rebuilding HTPC" :)

Collective

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    1. Yes, rebuilt system with new win7 x64

2. That's what I thought, so what is diffrent when it's asking if I want to install the 32 bit or 64 bit version? It most definately asks 32 bit or 64 bit installation

MPx64.jpg

:confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom