[News] MediaPortal 1.3.0 FINAL Released! (3 Viewers)

wolluf

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 6, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Issues with upgrade. Said it would check existing plugins & skins for compatibility - but although it finished ok, it didn't report 2 incompatible items - Frames skin & Infoservice plugin (and on the skins page, frames said it was compatible with 1.3.0.) So have had to install titan skin (well I needed a skin!) but not sure its what I want - Frames was!. Use MP mainly for watching downloaded TV series, and like to be able to see quite a few series at a time (Frames gave us 10, Titan appears to give us just 4!.) Also another plugin (BBC Weather) doesn't work - though it says its ok. So all in all, not a good experience. I stayed on version 0.23 for ages because I knew upgrading could be problematic - thought it was sorted now, but obviously not. Suppose I'll have to spend some time sorting out stuff to get it working as I like, but not really what you want.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Said it would check existing plugins & skins for compatibility
    What is "it", and where does "it" say that?

If Frames provides wrong compatibility version informations then this is out of our hands. The skin author defines with which version of MP it is compatible with. Please contact him.
    Same goes for plugins.

I stayed on version 0.23 for ages because I knew upgrading could be problematic - thought it was sorted now, but obviously not.
    You upgraded from 0.2.3 to 1.3.0?

If you read the release news you will find out that it tells you that none of your plugins and skins are compatible.

If you are running MediaPortal 1.2.0 Alpha or earlier, then none of your extensions (plugins and skins) will work after the upgrade to 1.3.0 final! You must update your extensions after the upgrade!

So, please make sure that 1.3.0 final compatible versions of your extensions are available before you start the upgrade!

Last edited:

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    Issues with upgrade.

Frames, there is a 1.3 Final

https://www.team-mediaportal.com/extensions/widescreen/frames

BBC Weather - does work in Titan, you need to import the BlackGlass (I think) xml that's generated when you install BBC Weather (it's not perfect, not claiming it is).

I'm now 1/2 between Titan & Frames - lots in final version of Titan I like and some mods I've made (different pictures for backgrounds etc and I might just do a mod for BBC Weather to re-position things for a 1920 display) which you can do with themes, but Frames is still an excellent choice as a simple, elegant front end.

And do you mean 1.2.3 not 0.23 perchance?

TTFN - JCMP.

wolluf

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 6, 2007
    Home Country
    I was upgrading from 1.2.3, but I earlier stayed with 0.23 because of upgrade problems (was getting a lot of crashes that finally forced my hand - completely uninstalled 0.23 & lots of associated software, upgraded from Windows XP to 7 (via vista) and clean installed 1.2.3, and that has been working very well since I installed it. Would have happily kept it, but knowing how things go nowadays - if you're not on the latest version, things begin to drop off!) Yes I've noticed the frames upgrade & installed it (but was expecting the MP 1.3.0 to tell me....) and am now having problems getting that to load! I'm sure I'll sort it out - was just commenting on my upgrade experience. Basically i thought the upgrade process would flag potential problems, but it didn't.

wolluf

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Can anyone tell me how to set default skin without starting MP? Frames just crashes & installing Titan still leaves frames default (even when its uninstalled) so I can't get MP to load at all currently.

wolluf

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Thanks - though I found it too late - usual impatience, uninstalled & reinstalled. After some glitches, now sort of running - ie MP ok, but it won't now play some files that 1.2.3 did! Unusual that - newer versions play less formats. Any idea about this? I notices 1.3.0 has LAVfilters as option (I did install it) which says it enables playing of many common audio & visual types - could this be causing problem? Have

Also though I didn't uninstall the databases, it lost all my settings. So I suppose I'll not be so quick to upgrade in future

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    Possible issue that extensions are not in MePo default - in config, Video, look at the extensions TAB, check the content type your having problems with is listed - .m4v for example, one I have to add to allow from some encode I used a while ago.

Database - TV & Radio use database, other settings use database files in the MePo ProgramData section, that's why you'll have lost settings.

Hopefully, that'll sort your content issues.

JCMP

wolluf

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 6, 2007
    Home Country
    It was the LAV filters. Setting video to use ffdshow & it all works.

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    Good, unexpected but good.

Can you provide any info on the files that didn't work, as must say, I've not found anything LAV could not handle on recent releases + some info on your hardware, this may be of interest & value to the devs.

Cheers - JCMP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom