[News] MediaPortal 1.3.0 RC Released! (1 Viewer)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    MediaPortal 1.3.0 has come a long way, and now we are very close to the final version.

Since the release of 1.3.0 Beta, we have been focusing on fixing bugs. You can find out which exactly, and where to download 1.3.0 RC in the release news. :)

Harmani

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Great! 1 step closer to a final release which should include the BasicHome editor for the new Titan skin! ;)

Last edited:

Ventry

Portal Pro
    August 19, 2009
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Still getting "platform not supported" messages on fresh install of Windows 8 Pro.
    I thought RC was supposed to support?

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Still getting "platform not supported" messages on fresh install of Windows 8 Pro.
    I thought RC was supposed to support?

1.3.0 final will have Win8 as supported.

But not a recommended - not at least by me since there seems to be some huge playback glitches on W8 when compared to W7. It is still under investigation why same HW under W7 works and under W8 it produces 500+ dropped frames per hour on a clean install.

Also: http://mantis.team-mediaportal.com/view.php?id=4220

It is not clear yet where the issue comes from, but MPC-HC is experiencing similar issue. In my opinion we cannot set W8 as supported platfrom before the video playback stuttering cause is found and fixed. At least I wont be debugging or helping on any video playback issues on W8 before the issues are solved :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom