[Bug] MediaPortal 1.3 beta Failed to update database (1 Viewer)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I have try on clean 1.2.3 (no channel in db, so it's a real full clean install) and upgrade to 1.3.0RC all went good.
    Next step will be to fill db in 1.2.3 and try to upgrade 1.3.0RC :)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Cool thanks, but 1.30RC ????

Remember, Seb is a member of the development team, so he has access to pre-release stuff :)

And upgrading from 1.2.3 to 1.3.0Beta will not be a problem once 1.3.0RC is released. The only thing that eventually matters is that 1.2.3 to 1.3.0 upgrades work.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

I just retry 1.2.3 + fill db (scan satellite) -> upgrade to 1.3.0RC (current master) -> it's OK.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi,

I just retry 1.2.3 + fill db (scan satellite) -> upgrade to 1.3.0RC (current master) -> it's OK.

Meanwhile I have redone the TV Setup - as not beeing able to access the TV Setup it's a no go - but I have a copy of the not working DB - If you like I can upload it to you.

frankytv

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    i guess i found a fix to get the TV-Server Config back.

Stop TVService
    Stop MySQL Service
    Rename mptvdb folder to mptvdbOLD (found in Program Data/MySQL.......)
    Click TVServer-Config
    If the SQL Form is open, start MySQL Service.
    Click TEST, if everything is green, click save.
    Stop MySQL Service
    Stop TVService (if not automatic)
    Copy all Files from mptvdbOLD to mptvdb BUT NOT the 3 VERSION. FILES !
    Start MySQL Service
    Click TV-Server-Config. It should open now and all Datas are back.
    Well idk whats in the Version-Files, but i havent found anything wrong in the Config.
    These Version-Files causes the problem.

Hope that helps :)

Last edited:
    K

KleMC

many thanks, frankytv!!!

I had the same issue upgrading 1.2.3 to 1.3.0, and your solution solved the problem!!

Users who are viewing this thread