[News] MediaPortal 1.7.0 Pre-Release ready for testing! (1 Viewer)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just to highlight the fact that you will need to update most of your plugins. There are good reasons for that and plugin developers know what they need to do. We have already been testing updated builds of the main plugins, and they work fine.

It would be great to know if people are actually testing this build. Post here to let us know.

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

i installed 1.7.0 pre release and the following plugins doesnt work:
    • OnlineVideos
    • MPAudioRendererChanger
    • IRSS Blast Zone plugin
    • mvCentral
    • Mustayaluca BasicHome editor
    other plugins like Moving Pictures, MPTVseries, MyEmulators2, IMDB+, IRSS Control plugin are working fine so far...

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Hi,

i installed 1.7.0 pre release and the following plugins doesnt work:
    • OnlineVideos
    • MPAudioRendererChanger
    • IRSS Blast Zone plugin
    • mvCentral
    • Mustayaluca BasicHome editor
    other plugins like Moving Pictures, MPTVseries, MyEmulators2, IMDB+, IRSS Control plugin are working fine so far...

Worth checking the forum areas for those plugins, and feel free to post there, but don't nag the developers. If it is clear that they are aware of the problem let them sort it.

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes no problem...i just thought that i should post the information about working/ not working plugins in this thread. But it seems that i misunderstood your previous posting :)

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Does this require MySQL as it doesn't seem to me mentioned on the page as a requirement and the installer doesn't show it as an item either, but when it gets to the Test Connection stage it fails? I can't see any sign that I already have MySQL installed (not in services.msc or under installed Programs).

lodale

Portal Pro
    April 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Just installed prerelease 1,7 on one of my clients, not able to watch live tv[DOUBLEPOST=1392737218][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Just installed prerelease 1,7 on one of my clients, not able to watch live tv
    Mye swerver is 1.6 final

lodale

Portal Pro
    April 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    You need to run the same Version on Client and Server.
    Oh, If I install the 1,7 prelease on my dedicated server, would I then have to install 1,7 prerelease on all of my clients (never had to do this on previous releases)?

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Does this require MySQL as it doesn't seem to me mentioned on the page as a requirement and the installer doesn't show it as an item either, but when it gets to the Test Connection stage it fails? I can't see any sign that I already have MySQL installed (not in services.msc or under installed Programs).

It should install it. This was working fine in 1.6.0 and has not been changed. You need to give us MUCH more information, for example type of install, clean install or upgrade, and we need installer logs. This should be done in the 1.7.0 Pre Release bug report section of the forum, not in this thread.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/forums/1-7-0-pre-release.673/

Users who are viewing this thread