[News] MediaPortal 1.8.0 Final (1 Viewer)

killer8

Portal Pro
July 29, 2012
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
After an update from 1.8.0 pre release to this final version all my TV Server configuration is gone. Is this a bug or normal behaviour?

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    After an update from 1.8.0 pre release to this final version all my TV Server configuration is gone. Is this a bug or normal behaviour?

Not a normal behaviour. Please open a new tread with logs.

skorz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 19, 2011
    Deutschland
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OMG! Clean Install of mp and needed plugins, restore exported settings and copy back some databases - - >> I had never ever such an stable and great working system before...

Thank you! (y)

tony72

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    Glad to see the MySQL upgrade option, it seemed weird to me to change the MySQL version before without providing any idiot-poof upgrade option. Looking forward to trying out 1.8 this weekend!

One thing I don't like about each upgrade is having to go into skin gui settings and reset everything each time. Apart from that this release seems awesome so many thanks.
    +1

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    One thing I don't like about each upgrade is having to go into skin gui settings and reset everything each time.
    Make a backup of the SkinSettings.xml in your skin folder (C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\Titan for example), and restore that after an upgrade. Easiest way is to zip it up and unpack it after an update.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Did not see my work on MiniDisplay mentioned in release notes. Guessing it's just a release notes issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 [News] MediaPortal 2 - 2.5 Release DE
    Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
    Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.5 MediaPortal 2.5 is a full-blown media center software that addresses most common user...
    Replies
    Views
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Replies
    Views
    Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested [2024-03-03 18:26:58,262] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: TV service found. Checking status... [2024-03-03 18:26:58,263] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: TV service is in status Running - proceeding...
    Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested...
    MediaPortal 1.33 Release Written by Team-MediaPortal. We have just released MediaPortal 1.33 - Springtime / 20th Anniversary...
    Replies
    Views
    You are right, the one on the repository is correct, not sure how I ended up with a different version. See attached the incorrect version I ended up with.
    You are right, the one on the repository is correct, not sure how I ended up with a different version. See attached the incorrect...
    We have just released MediaPortal 1.32 Halloween Thanks to the great work of our new developer Pablik we are now able to present...
    Replies
    Views
    I have not seen that one but it is possible that after installing the 1.32 x86 version that I scanned and tested TV before installing the x64, but not sure it that would make any difference! I am currently testing an improved version but at this point it is still not clear how or when a fixed x64 version will be available.
    I have not seen that one but it is possible that after installing the 1.32 x86 version that I scanned and tested TV before...
    Windows 11 23h2 1) MP 1.32 Final x64 Fresh install does not work and fails during the install "MySQL Start Service Exception". The...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom