[News] MediaPortal 2 - 2.5 Release (8 Viewers)

Mike Sutherland

Portal Member
May 5, 2019
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have tried every variation I can. The ONLY thing that works is TVE3/NET4. Every other combination either gives no EPG or an error message about unable to use timeshift.
I give up, will stick with what is working. A shame because the newer versions pick up channels I cannot get on TVE3/NET4

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have tried every variation I can. The ONLY thing that works is TVE3/NET4. Every other combination either gives no EPG or an error message about unable to use timeshift.
    I give up, will stick with what is working. A shame because the newer versions pick up channels I cannot get on TVE3/NET4
    Can you provide the logfiles of the combination NET6 and TVE3.5?
    Have you followed the WIKI for configuration of TVMosaic? The EPG is configured in the web interface of TVMosaic, not within Mediaportal 2.

Last edited:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have looked at your tuning parameters file and compared it with my (corrected) customised file for TVE 3.5. I cannot see anything wrong with your file. (Some of the values are a trifle unexpected, but I see that they are the same in the MP1 tuning-parameters file, and so must be correct for your transmitter.)

I think that one of the developers will need to look at this (but he will need a full set of logs).
    Thanks for that.
    Regarding logs....... I cleared out the logs and then did a scan which found nothing and the logs are still clear, so I guess there is no logging of TV config. or finding 0 channels is not considered an error.
    Whatever I have given up on Net 6 TVE 3.5 unltil someone can confirm they have tested and are able to scan and detect DVBT2 channels as I want to try out some of the plugins so have gone back to the Net 6 TV Mosaic version.:)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If you have got TV Mosaic working via its configuration in your browser and can view its epg and play TV then I can confirm, for me at least, that MP2 Net 6 TV Mosaic version will interface to and display the epg and play live TV out of the box. I am running Win 11 pro, fully updated on an AMD cpu.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    I cleared out the logs and then did a scan which found nothing and the logs are still clear, so I guess there is no logging of TV config. or finding 0 channels is not considered an error.
    As I reported elsewhere, MP2 currently places several logs in the MP1 folder tree :eek:. If the relevant MP1 folders do not exist, the logs are (probably) discarded (but I have not actually tested that case yet). So, weird as it might seem, you may get some additional logs if you create the MP1 log folders, but in particular the one for TV Server.

Also, you need to set the log level for the MP2 Server to "All" (if you have not already done this). I did this by editing the config file for logging (I am not sure whether this can be set via a menu). I think that there is a folder containing a lot of config files, which includes the one for logging (sorry, I don't remember where, and I cannot access my MP2 partition at the moment).

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MP2 currently places several logs in the MP1 folder tree
    What do you mean by the MP1 folder tree? I do not currently have MP1 installed on the PC I'm using to test MP2. The logs I cleared where in Program Data\Team MediaPortal\MP2-* where * is Client, Server etc.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    I do not currently have MP1 installed on the PC I'm using to test MP2.
    You don't need to have MP1 installed. Simply create the following folder:
    "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\Log"​

I have just installed MP 2.5.0 Net6 with TVE 3.5, and I found that "MP2 TV Server Config" is still placing some logs in the above folder. A quick test of the installation demonstrates that channel scan works (TBS 6284 and Pinnacle 2000i tuner cards), EPG grabbing works, and live TV can be viewed in the MP2 client.

It is difficult to know why @Mike Sutherland had problems with this (he is also in the UK). My test of a previous build of 2.5.0 was for Net4 with TVE 3.5, and that also worked. I have not tested TvMosaic recently, but will do so in the next day or two.

Note: for the record, I installed the build that has an installer EXE date/time of:
    2024-01-21 23:34:07​
    I am not sure whether this is the build that was released as the official MP 2.5.0, but I have difficulty downloading large files, and the above build was one download that actually succeeded. This build was installed on 64-bit Windows 7 that contained MP1, but which I disabled before the install of MP2.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Note: for the record, I installed the build that has an installer EXE date/time of:
    2024-01-21 23:34:07
    The released Net 6 version I downloaded from the website has a date and time of 24-01 2024 16:47 ver. no 2.5.2401.14759.
    As a sanity check I have tried the Net 4 version with TVE 3 and TV was OK, but when I wanted to try the TVE 3.5 version something went very wrong, I was not able to uninstall the TVE 3 version, it was not shown as installed even though it could be run.o_O Tried various things deleted everything but the installer still seemed to think it was installed, so just now finished a image restore from yesterday and will try again.

UPDATE:-
    Same problem in Net 4 TVE 3.5 as with the Net 6 version nothing found with the channel scan at least for DVBT2 Germany, I used the new one I made for Munich which worked fine for TVE 3.
    The net 6 TV Mosaic version seems very flakey with chanel changing, no problems selecting a channel from the epg and playing it but on the remote and even clicking on the up and control down arrows on the playback screen it often does not change the channel but does show either the info on the current channel or the up or down one without actually switching also on occaision it goes into never never land with a black screen! This problem does not seem to be present on the Net 4 version. Not sure if MP 2 allows you to select a channel by number (works for MP 1) but it does display a mumber on the screen when pressed but that is all.

Last edited:

Mike Sutherland

Portal Member
    May 5, 2019
    Home Country
    Can you provide the logfiles of the combination NET6 and TVE3.5?
    Have you followed the WIKI for configuration of TVMosaic? The EPG is configured in the web interface of TVMosaic, not within Mediaportal 2.
    Don't know if they are still avail as I uninstalled it to install TVE3/NET4.

I did follow the wiki instructions at TVMosaic Server Setup and TVMosaic (TVM) Setup

Mike Sutherland

Portal Member
    May 5, 2019
    Home Country
    OK so I uninstalled TVE3/NET4 and installed TVE3.5/NET6. Abject failure. Having done a channel scan in TV Server Configuration I couldn't even preview the channels due to "unknown error".
    Launching the MP2 Client there is nothing in the EPG even after about 20 mins. Clicking on any of the channels (or the TV channel indicator on the left of the EPG) gives the following error: Error invoking action "StartTimeshift"
    Log files attached.

I am now going to uninstall it as I want to watch TV.

Attachments

• Client.log
      77.8 KB
    • ClientError.log
      8.8 KB
    • error.log
      2.4 KB
    • Server.log
      270.8 KB
    • setuptv.log
      51.2 KB
    • streaming server.Log