MP2 - V2.4.1 mediaportal 2.4.1 hangs during startup (1 Viewer)

Mik1971

Portal Member
August 24, 2022
Home Country
Italy Italy
MP2 Version
Hello,
after installing mediaportal 2.4.1 on PC win10 Home ver.21H2, and click icons MediaPortal2 or MediaPortal(x64),
mediaportal gets stuck in the defaul skin selection page.
How can I solve?
Thanks
Miki

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2022-08-23-19.45.21.zip
    224 KB

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,
    after installing mediaportal 2.4.1 on PC win10 Home ver.21H2, and click icons MediaPortal2 or MediaPortal(x64),
    mediaportal gets stuck in the defaul skin selection page.
    How can I solve?
    Thanks
    Miki

Did you try to change the skin to another one? I can currently not open the log files, because I’m only with phone.

Mik1971

Portal Member
    August 24, 2022
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    the page is stopped so I can't change the skin!
    The file with the logs is already present in my previous post
    I don't know how to fix it
    Thanks for the support

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    the page is stopped so I can't change the skin!
    Can you specify this with more details? Your logs do not show any error and they do also not show you tried to change the skin.
    Please start the client, try to change the skin and post the log files here.

have you tried to reinstall MediaPortal 2?

Mik1971

Portal Member
    August 24, 2022
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I have the start page of Media Portal 2 and I can not do anything, only to see that everything is blocked with the wheel in the center of the screen that keeps spinning, I press on the icons of the Media Portal 2 screen and windows responds saying that the program Media Portal 2 is not responding.
    I tried to install it on another PC disk with another Windows 10 system, the message is always the same.
    I am attaching the log file of the second installation I tried to do, I hope you can find if there is an error.

The PC also has Media Portal 1 installed, and it works fine, I have been using Media Portal 1 for a long time and it works fine.
    When I try to use Media Portal 2, obviously Media Portal 1 is not running on the PC. The TV services are automatic, so when I install Media Portal 2 they are not running.

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2022-08-26-15.50.30.zip
      72.2 KB

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The TV services are automatic, so when I install Media Portal 2 they are not running.

Are you really sure about that? From your more detailed description of the problem it looks exactly like the MP1 TV Service is still running!
    From memory from an Admin account you need to run Task Manager and stop the TV Service then run services.msc and set it to disabled otherwise it will be restarted after a reboot. Even then you may have to be careful not to run MP1 any time or it will be reset to Automatic again.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So MediaPortal 2 stucks in the start screen and not in the skin selection screen. Now it’s also clear why the logs are empty.
    The TV service of MediaPortal 2 is within the server service, there is no TV server as for MediaPortal 1. You need to stop the TV server of MP1.

Mik1971

Portal Member
    August 24, 2022
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I did some tests:
    1) stopped the TV service, then tried again and so Media Portal 2 did not get stuck in the initial screen, but immediately afterwards changing screen, for example by going to configuration, here it continued to freeze and no longer responds.
    2) Uninstalled Media Portal 1. Subsequently installed Media Portal 2. Now it seems to respond better but immediately after changing the screen by going to other icons, Media Portal 2 returns to relock, no longer responding.

I'm very sad, I can't get it started.

I am attaching a new log file, I hope there is the answer to all these problems that I am experiencing

Thanks again for the support

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2022-08-26-21.49.04.zip
      182.4 KB

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I did some tests:
    1) stopped the TV service, then tried again and so Media Portal 2 did not get stuck in the initial screen, but immediately afterwards changing screen, for example by going to configuration, here it continued to freeze and no longer responds.
    2) Uninstalled Media Portal 1. Subsequently installed Media Portal 2. Now it seems to respond better but immediately after changing the screen by going to other icons, Media Portal 2 returns to relock, no longer responding.

I'm very sad, I can't get it started.

I am attaching a new log file, I hope there is the answer to all these problems that I am experiencing

Thanks again for the support
    Thanks. Unfortunately there is not a single error in the logs, which indicates MP2 is fully crashing and can not even write logs.
    Are you using a mouse? We had similar crashes with some mouse drivers, so might be worth to disconnect it once.

Another similar case I found here including solution. You might want to take a look there.

In any case try to reset all settings once, there might be conflicting tv settings from MP1 remaining. To reset all settings delete the folder "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal" Warn: also MP1 settings are gone, so better create a backup.

Mik1971

Portal Member
    August 24, 2022
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I am using the corsair K83 wireless keyboard.
    I removed the keyboard from the USB port, now Media Portal 2 works and no longer crashes. Thank you!

Is there any way to put the K83 keyboard back and not have the problem?

I noticed a strange thing, on the 5 gray icons on the left, I'll explain to you, some black squares appear that scroll over these 5 icons, it seems a graphic malfunction. What explanation can there be for this strange thing?

Is there a youtube video tutorial of Media Portal 2 to understand all the peculiarities of this new version?

Thanks again for your support

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom