[News] MediaPortal 2 Alpha 4 released - Christmas is coming early this year :) (1 Viewer)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    We are proud to offer a special Christmas gift for you: MediaPortal 2 Alpha 4!

Although this version is still tagged "Alpha", which means there might be still problems, don't hesitate to try it. It works very smoothly and will probably be the last Alpha release before we take the next steps to a "Beta" release! Be sure to read the instructions at the end of the news regarding installation, upgrade and extension compatibility.

Full news: https://www.team-mediaportal.com/news/mediaportal-2-alpha-4-released

Please post your comments here :)

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello!
    Installed it and played around already. Great work! :)

One question which maybe is kinda offtopic:
    I installed SlimTV Extended which comes with channel logos. I wanted to change some of them but they seem to get cached somewhere? Is it possible to delete the cache?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Fanart is cached inside"C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Thumbs\FanArt" folder, you might clear this folder. During runtime the images are also cached by content manager in memory, so a restart of MP2-Client might be required after in-place-updates.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    During runtime the images are also cached by content manager in memory, so a restart of MP2-Client might be required after in-place-updates.

That did it. :)

I did some further testing and it is really great to see how MP2 behaves when controlling with mouse. Right now doing some tests with LiveTV and audio playing concurrently while testing the amazing playlist feature in MP2. Importing music went without a problem by the way. ;)
    1.png

Nonciazzecco

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2010
    Milano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Ok this is the first time I have been able to install and setup MP2. At the moment I have a multi-client MP1 installation.
    The first thumb up is for the re-worked wiki, way far easier to get into the MP2 word.
    The plus:
    - MP2 is much easier to install and setup than MP1 (not considered the TV section)
    - MP2 seems faster to load than MP1
    - MP2 looks more solid than MP1

The minus:
    - Language control for media info. I understand that we are in alpha stage, but MP2 shares info and media much easier and better than MP1, unfortunately the info are good only if you are English speaking public. No-good for my family environment ;).

I would really like to see is to see MP2 That when you choose a language in the setting will download/upload all the media info accordingly with the picked up language and prepare the trailer for each movie in the proper language. Full integration between series, movies and online videos plug-in, melted in MP2 souce :).

Dreaming I know, but is Christmas.
    Great Job guys!

Pog

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Thank you Santa!!!!! arrrrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhaaaaa (overhyped kid style shout)

Given all the DB changes etc, should previous versions be removed/uninstalled first?

razorbakmax

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Hi,
    after install of SlimTV native, i don't have a IPTV card installed. How to scan my .m3u TV list ?

Thanks and have a very Christmas !!

Ole Friis Heesgaard

Portal Member
    September 7, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi,
    after install of SlimTV native, i don't have a IPTV card installed. How to scan my .m3u TV list ?

Thanks and have a very Christmas !!
    Have tried the same here (installed MP2alpha4 with native SlimTV) but after setting number of IPTV cards to 2 or 3 nothing happens !!!!
    Still no support for IPTV ???? or still the missing "MPIPTVSource.7z" on clean installations ??
    Merry Christmas to all :)

Last edited:

Iwen

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Wow, really a great piece of software you put together here. Did my very first MP2 installation and I'm very impressed. Blazingly fast startup, nice concept of media shares, PiP (had a few troubles with it though), ... .

All in all I am more than happy to say: big thankyou to you all, you did an awesome job (also thumbs up for the easy installation and the very good documentation). (y)

raffe

Portal Pro
    March 28, 2008
    This MP2 seems cool with client, server, NAS and all! :)
    But I guess that if I want to try it for real (server and several clients), I need to use the 'native' movie and series function (and not 'Moving Pictures' and 'My TVSeries').
    As I have 1,859 Movies and 221 TV Shows with 4,370 Episodes I cannot just import them all from a share as I will loose all info about what I have seen.
    So my question is, what is the best way to convert or export/import the databases from 'Moving Pictures' and 'My TVSeries' to the native movie and series function?
    (And can I still use IMDB+ with the native movie function? I guess not as I am pretty sure it is made for Moving Pictures.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom