MediaPortal 2 Weekly snapshot (2016-01-16) (4 Viewers)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    IPTV is no "real" TV. Never used it "productive" (due to slow internet) and never was interested in. I've tested the IPTV solution of my ISP in browser, but it was terrible, way below regular SDTV... That's why it never had made it into my "TV Server" at all.

As far as I know you need "playlists" not single video files for MP's "fake" IPTV tuner card to work. So the container of videos to stream should not matter as long as you got proper playlists. But EPG, Teletext or other comfort options you can not get from "TV" in MP4 container at all...

badboyxx

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Another question. Is MP2 supporting already embedded covers? I'm using Titan Extended skin and when I play a track the folder.jpg is shown and not the embedded cover. I don't know if it is a skin problem or a MP2 problem.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Is MP2 supporting already embedded covers?
    For Audio, yes, for Video, no, not yet.
    when I play a track the folder.jpg is shown
    I don't believe this is the case... Morpheus has implemented support for folder.jpg lately, but this was after the release of this Weekly. So this version of MP2 is not able to show folder.jpg at all...
    And even it it would be able (means you got the not released internal test version), folder.jpg are only shown while in folder view, not in library view...

badboyxx

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    folder.jpg are only shown while in folder view, not in library view...

Oh yes I think that is the reason. I was browsing always in folder view. I'm not sure but in library view no tracks appeared but how I said I'm not sure. I have to test this again.

badboyxx

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok i've tested a little bit now. I noticed that folder view is the best view for me. I want the tracks listed as they are stored on my server. But the cover handling is not the best.
    The cover handling is as following:
    1. Folder.jpg is shown if available
    2. Embedded cover is shown if 1. is not available
    3, No cover is shown if 1. and 2. is not available

It would make more sense:
    1. Embedded cover is shown if available
    2. Folder.jpg is shown if 1. is not available
    3. No cover is shown if 1. and 2. is not available

Maybe this can be changed in the next snapshot release?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'd also prefer this or even better, just add an option and let the user decide. It's always better than predefining what is good for the user.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    The cover handling is as following:
    1. Folder.jpg is shown if available
    2. Embedded cover is shown if 1. is not available
    3, No cover is shown if 1. and 2. is not available

This I don't believe. At least not if you are using this snapshot. Support for folder.jpg is brand new feature that was developed after the release of this snapshot. It was pushed first time on 2016-01-18, two days after this snapshot was released (2016-01-16). Before this date MP2 never used folder.jpg in no place so if you are using this snapshot (means not compile your MP2 version by yourself nor got the team intern test version) this simply is not possible... And as it is that new it can not be complete instantly. That's what tests are for.

The behavior of this snapshot definitely is:
    1. Embedded cover is shown if available
    2. No cover is shown if 1. is not available

I know 100% sure that MP2 up to this snapshot did not use folder.jpg at all, it only could display embedded cover in Audio part, no matter if you are using library or folder view...

By the way... all my audio albums have folder.jpg that is exactly the same than the embedded cover... This is how it should be done by nearly every tool than can do ID3 tags. So in general the priority should not matter at all.
    And that's also the reason I definitely know that folder.jpg are not used. I had used a tool for tagging my audio files that did not embed the covers also it pretends to do so. Most of my audio albums didn't had covers shown in MP2 at all also every folder has a folder.jpg available. Never had noticed this if MP2 had used the folder.jpg...

So I can not believe your "results", also I'm completely with you that embedded covers should be preferred over folder.jpg.

badboyxx

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here are the screenshots of 2 folders. The music screen screenshot is always made in folder view. As you can see all the tracks in both folders are tagged with embedded covers and have a folder.jpg. All the tracks in folder 80s are displayed in MP with the folder.jpg image. In the directory each track is displayed with the embedded cover, how it should be also in MP. The tracks in folder 90s are displayed in MP with the embedded cover, how it is also in the directory. So my question is, how can it be when both folders and the included tracks have the same structure is displayed different in MP?

Attachments

• mp2_music1.jpg
      mp2_music1.jpg
      311.5 KB
    • mp2_music2.jpg
      mp2_music2.jpg
      328 KB
    • mp2_folder1.jpg
      mp2_folder1.jpg
      740.5 KB
    • mp2_folder2.jpg
      mp2_folder2.jpg
      850.5 KB

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here are the screenshots of 2 folders. The music screen screenshot is always made in folder view. As you can see all the tracks in both folders are tagged with embedded covers and have a folder.jpg. All the tracks in folder 80s are displayed in MP with the folder.jpg image. In the directory each track is displayed with the embedded cover, how it should be also in MP. The tracks in folder 90s are displayed in MP with the embedded cover, how it is also in the directory. So my question is, how can it be when both folders and the included tracks have the same structure is displayed different in MP?
    Thats interesting, our dev's told a different story. But from your screenshot it seems really the folder.jpg is considered in folder view.
    I'll check this later on my PC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom