MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality (2 Viewers)

The_Rebel

Portal Member
January 6, 2008
Can't seem to figure out how to set my "WASAPIPreferredDevice", what string do I need to use in the registry key?

I've tried different single digits and the endpoint names themselves nothing seems to work.

Hot-diggity-damn I gots it! I couldn't have done it without you guys, I love you all.

GhoSe

Portal Pro
December 17, 2007
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
On my system the renderer generally works very well. Good work. But unfortunately I can't get the AC3Encode mode to work. It sounds like the center is dead, because the voices are very very silent or completely off.
I only use it for TV.
For system specs see my profile.
Logs attached.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    But unfortunately I can't get the AC3Encode mode to work. It sounds like the center is dead, because the noises are very very silent or completely off.

Unfortunately I haven't ever had a multi channel setup so I could have tested the AC3 encoding properly. Has anyone else seen same issue?

Luke Roberts

Portal Pro
    August 23, 2007
    IJmuiden
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    But unfortunately I can't get the AC3Encode mode to work. It sounds like the center is dead, because the noises are very very silent or completely off.

Unfortunately I haven't ever had a multi channel setup so I could have tested the AC3 encoding properly. Has anyone else seen same issue?

I had a simular problem when I first setup MP audio decoder with SAF codecs. To solve thos problems I installed SAF 6 (enabled LAV and FFdshow audio codecs). I use FFdshow for AC3 (with recommended settings) and use LAV for DTS decoding (for me this works fine!). It works fine and all 5.1 speakers are fed with sound, nicely in sync with my 50HZ TV. I'm not sure if I had to tune any of the registry settings.

GhoSe

Portal Pro
    December 17, 2007
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I had a simular problem when I first setup MP audio decoder with SAF codecs. To solve thos problems I installed SAF 6 (enabled LAV and FFdshow audio codecs). I use FFdshow for AC3 (with recommended settings) and use LAV for DTS decoding (for me this works fine!). It works fine and all 5.1 speakers are fed with sound, nicely in sync with my 50HZ TV. I'm not sure if I had to tune any of the registry settings.

I'm also using SAF 6 and ffdshow for TV, which always has AC3 sound. Therefore this couldn't be the problem, unfortunately. But maybe I'm not using the "recommended settings"? Is there any special to configure in ffdshow to get it to work?

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Tourettes, am i correct that dts-hd to ac3 encoding with mpaudiorenderer is a problem? All dts-hd movies run and when it's supose to start they jump out and go back to the moving pictures screen.

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Tourettes, am i correct that dts-hd to ac3 encoding with mpaudiorenderer is a problem? All dts-hd movies run and when it's supose to start they jump out and go back to the moving pictures screen.

I don't think so. You have to decode any encoded stream to multi-channel before the audio renderer ac3 encoding work.

mgl

Portal Member
    June 9, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality

Hi,

i have problems with MKV that have: "Frame rate and Original frame rate" in the header.

They always play junky, because frame rate dedection is missmatched. Video Act FPS is showing 26.14 Hz.

When i use the original dshowhelper - whitout MP Audio Render support, Act FPS shows 25.00 hz and the video plays fine.

For example: (dubbed Mkv)

General
    Unique ID : ...
    Complete name : Y:\Download\x.mkv
    Format : Matroska
    Format version : Version 2
    File size : 1.16 GiB
    Duration : 46mn 37s
    Overall bit rate : 3 548 Kbps
    Encoded date : UTC 2011-07-01 10:01:02
    Writing application : mkvmerge v3.1.0 ('HELLO KITTY') gebaut am Feb 16 2010 03:12:16
    Writing library : libebml v0.7.9 + libmatroska v0.8.1

Video
    ID : 1
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : High@L3.1
    Format settings, CABAC : Yes
    Format settings, ReFrames : 5 frames
    Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
    Bit rate : 3 174 Kbps
    Width : 1 280 pixels
    Height : 720 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate : 25.000 fps
    Original frame rate : 23.976 fps
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Progressive
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.138
    Stream size : 1.07 GiB (93%)
    Writing library : x264 core 68 r1184tw
    Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=5 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=umh / subme=8 / psy_rd=1.0:0.0 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=6 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / mbaff=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=1 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=1 / wpredb=1 / keyint=240 / keyint_min=24 / scenecut=40 / rc=2pass / bitrate=3174 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / ip_ratio=1.40 / pb_ratio=1.30 / aq=1:1.00

Audio
    ID : 2
    Format : AC-3
    Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
    Mode extension : CM (complete main)
    Codec ID : A_AC3
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 192 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Channel positions : Front: L R
    Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz