MediaPortal Crashes when my AV receiver is turned off - help- (1 Viewer)

Jon.ward

Portal Member
December 21, 2012
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
If I'm playing a video in full screen and I turn my AC receiver off, then back on MediaPortal Crashes. I know what is happening by don't know how to fix it.

It seems the AV receiver on startup is setting the screen rez to 576p when I normally run at 1080p. As per normal with Mediaportal when the screen size changes MeidaPortal crashes (always has I think).

What I think I need to do is stop the screen size changing, don't think it is related to brand of AV receiver as I have got through 5 different models and different brands and all have this issue.

Build I using is MediaPortal 1.3 running a nvidia GT 8800
Current AV Receiver plugged in is a marantz SR50007, also a dennon avr-1713, Marantz 1403 Yamaha z473 have been used.

Any ideas I wouldn't have thought I was the only one?????

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Buy a cheap HDMI cable off ebay (~$5) and then remove pin 19 from one end of the cable.
    Or you can put a piece of tape over pin #19
    Or you can buy a "Gefen HDMI Detective" or "HDMI Doctor" adaptor ~$60-100
    Now the HTPC won't know when you switch the power off on the receiver
    HDMI-Male-Cable-Pins-Diagram.gif

HDMI_Blocked_Pin_19.jpg

Last edited:

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    This is display drivers bug.

The HDMI tape trick is a good one to use.

None of my ATI cards suffer from MP crashing when display res changes with 1.3b or older . (one thing ATI can't be knocked for!)

Jon.ward

Portal Member
    December 21, 2012
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks guys, I tried this last night and tried to remove the 19th pin, oops one dead HDMI cable but not too worried as it wasn't a very good cable to start with. I'm lucky as my HDMI is from a DVI graphics card with a DVI-HDMI convertor. So today I have brought a DVI-HDMI cable and removed pin 16 on the DVI side (DVI pin 16 goes to HDMI pin 19), worked great.

Before
    Pin16.JPG

After with Pin 16 removed
    Pin16Gone.JPG

Why not tape it? I didn't like the idea of that extra bit of pressure for a long period of time on a socket that compresses to make contact, also the idea of the tape glue didn't turn me on.

Kiwijunglist, I can't speak more highly about Harvey Normans, when we thought this was a AV receiver problem they let me take a stack of different shop floor units home to test to see if any behaved differently, they didn't but it was cool to see and hear the differences :). In the end I grab the Denion 2113 so they did get a up sell.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom