Mediaportal Documentation (1 Viewer)

broadband412

Portal Pro
April 20, 2005
New Yrok
Hi, I can help with the documentation but it seems very complicated to add/ edit. I have read the documentation writers guide but I don;'t understand it but I know how to for example explain the radio section of the mediaportal app which this section contains no data in the mediaportal wiki. Can I write some info in these forums and maybe someone can copy it into the manaul? Thanks.

moullas

Portal Pro
January 15, 2005
Home Country
Cyprus Cyprus
Ok, i figure you've read the post in this forum on how to register an account etc...(over at https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/viewtopic.php?t=16815 )

The next step is to actually create the page.

To do that, if its a page that actually has a link (like the Radio Configuration), click on it and you see the empty template page.
I've clicked on the radio configuration link from the wiki and it went here:
http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/MediaPortalSetup_Radio

This is a yet uncreated page, so it gives you a lot of options, one of which is the "Create new empty page". Click on that, and you'll go on the editor...

There, you'll start creating the page, and when you save is we'll all have a link (because the link is already on the Manual index) pointing to the correct location , and that's it!

If you need any help on the formatting stuff (like how to make lists, images, make text bold etc), the easiest way is to find a page that has the thing you are looking for, click on the "Edit Text" button at the bottom (this is shown when you are logged in) and see the wiki code on how it's done.

I hope i've given you some good guidelines, I know this may be a bit confusing at first (i made a similar post when i was looking to write some stuff on the Wiki as well), but you'll get the hang of it pretty soon.

Come back in this forum if you need anything else

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    i'm lost on how to contribute, i've read thru the directions at the link provided and i'm still lost. I registered an account on the home page (www.team-mediaportal.com), but registering there doesn't seem to have anything to do with the wiki. When i go to add a page, i get a message "Sie dürfen diese Seite nicht editieren." While all the text of the wiki site is in English, all the navigation and site messages i see are in German, so i could be missing something obvious.

Any help would be appreciated, i wrote a long document on skinning i would like to add to the wiki. Maybe when its uploaded and polished a link can be added to wiki pages in the graphics/skin forum to help users find the information easier.

Thanks in advance

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    thanks tomtom, that's got me started. I was able to create an account, log in and use the link to create a new empty page.

EDIT:
    Nevermind, found the answer to the edit.

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    Boilermaker said:
    Any help would be appreciated, i wrote a long document on skinning i would like to add to the wiki. Maybe when its uploaded and polished a link can be added to wiki pages in the graphics/skin forum to help users find the information easier.

Thanks in advance

Hey, think your pages on skinning are top notch! Even I could start skinnning with this guide. I think this will help many people to find their way into the skinning business :!:

tomtom

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    Thanks... bradsjm set most of it up, and laid out the format. I'm just adding some pages from a skinning document i started a few months back. Not quite to the point where i want to post a link in the graphics/skin forum yet, but it will get there. Good to know somebody who doesn't normally skin finds the page usable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom