MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-09-26-2009 11-23h - Revision:23684.rar (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fedde

Portal Member
September 14, 2009
What i have seen the last few days when setting up a brand new system with latest SVN running on XP SP3 as TVService only with a Win7 frontend was hardware related. Chaning the pci slot in the computer removed alot of problems :) Only thing i have problems with now is Clock refrence change in timeshift: any have some clues on what to make this go away?

Oh, btw, anyone seen massive RAM usage of the tvservice? Just let the tv run for a few hours to see, 280mb ram had the TVservice.exe eaten when i got back and all was sluggish on the server.

Cheers!
Fedde

fedde

Portal Member
September 14, 2009
After abit more trying on this version, the
Code:
TIMESHIFT Info : Program clock reference forward jump
starts when server reaches 250mb usage or ram on the TVservice.exe

Is it supposed to eat up memory to a point? Added 1gb more memory a few minutes ago to see if the problem resolves.

Keep up the good work!

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    After abit more trying on this version, the
    Code:
    TIMESHIFT Info : Program clock reference forward jump
    starts when server reaches 250mb usage or ram on the TVservice.exe

Is it supposed to eat up memory to a point? Added 1gb more memory a few minutes ago to see if the problem resolves.

That jump could be caused by two things

1) broadcaster is having actual jump in the stream
    2) PC is not fast enough to keep up with the stream (swapping could cause this)

fedde

Portal Member
    September 14, 2009
    Hi

It has to run for a few hours before this happens. It's just like something is clogging up and eating up the resources, then the jumps happend.

Initially i set the tv server up with a ASUS My Cinema-PS3-100 hybrid card, but that was no good at all (video contiutiy error, lapte i and p-frame) Changed to a Hauppage HVR-4000 card and those problems runned away. Now 2-3 hours of watching goes well, but i see the tvservice.exe eats memory constant, at startup, 61mb and now during 30 minutes, we are at 83mb. I assume when it reaches higher point it will clog up and freeze.

Possible quick fix, add memory so it will survive trough a day :D

pgjensen

Portal Pro
    May 1, 2008
    I can't pull the id3 info from mp3 files using the music database. attached is the configuration.log . it's been doing this since 1.1 beta (haven't used MP in months before that, sorry).

"2009-10-05 18:42:05.304600 [Info.][Config Main]: Musicdatabasereorg: Unhandled error Length cannot be less than zero."

julian352

Portal Member
    November 16, 2008
    i installed the latest svn of mediaportal.
    first to say is, that is is a great release, very stable only less problems.
    but a big problem ist the powersheduler. after a resußme i can't start live tv.
    unable to start graph.
    could it be, that it is a problem with the skystar 2 pci?
    sorry but im not at home, so i haven't logs at the moment.

Leftover

Portal Member
    September 28, 2009
    i got a problem with PowerScheduler. It doesn't detect network traffic. More detailed post in Bugreport section is here

ravenrocks

Portal Pro
    October 11, 2007
    Hi RTV,

I am using Vista Ultimate 32 sp2, and have reinstalled MP several times using the uninstaller's remove all option. This seems to clear out all traces of MP unless I have missed something. I still have this error message even when trying Hirscho's advice to delete mediaportal.xml & do a complete reconfigure. Mediaportal 1.1.0 Beta works fine, but the last 2 svn's give me this fullscreen gui error for video & tv.

I got the same problem...only, I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate

tompa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 3, 2005
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Noticed that if I use the default format (cusom path and filenames) in this svn for recordings of a serie it doesnt work, looks like the recording never gets started (it toogles).
    But if I select %titel%\%titel% - S%series%Eepisode% - %name% then it works Ok!

why is that?

/tompa

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom