MetroPortal was just a beginning: now it goes on! (2 Viewers)

bombus

Portal Pro
July 15, 2009
Novara
Home Country
Italy Italy
I've been inspired by the new metro style dashboard of the bill console

i think i'm gonna make it 1280x720, 1368 x768 (i need it), 1024x60 (i've got a netbook)...

i'm gonna use blue default wide as a scheme... (so no prob with plugins, probably)

We are workin' hard and so we have new screenshots and yes WE:
wizard123 is already a part of the team

come and join the metroRevoluction!

attachment.php

Attachments

• dash_live_focus.png
    dash_live_focus.png
    815.2 KB
  • music play.png
    music play.png
    825.1 KB
  • online videos backslide.png
    online videos backslide.png
    599.8 KB
  • online videos message.png
    online videos message.png
    334.7 KB
  • online videos.png
    online videos.png
    796.3 KB
  • mediaportal dash_2.jpg
    mediaportal dash_2.jpg
    47.1 KB
  • we want you.jpg
    we want you.jpg
    21.5 KB
  • onplay_3.jpg
    onplay_3.jpg
    68.3 KB

bombus

Portal Pro
July 15, 2009
Novara
Home Country
Italy Italy
Re: MetroPortal... just a beginning

Hi folks! glad that you like the idea! I'm working on it: I've made basic home and classic home... now it's gonna be the hardest part: skin for every plugin and osd...
I'm working on the onlinevideos xml the others are not done...

can u help me please? :oops:

I'm using MP skin editor ad refining the code in notepad... i just need somenone to help me on the long part: change text color etc... if someone would like to be a part of it pm me or respond down here...

Thank you!

The more we are faster will be the work ;)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: MetroPortal... just a beginning

This looks really nice !

I'm working on it: I've made basic home and classic home... now it's gonna be the hardest part: skin for every plugin and osd...
    :sorry: that I can't offer you help for skinning MP1

But did you see our work on the Reflexion Skin for MP2 https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/skins-design-530/reflexion-skin-work-progress-104363/ ? And what I wrote:
    All work was done on base of the default skin with modification of styles! This is a huuuuuuuge advantage over MP1's way of skinning.

So my message is: if you like, you can get your really nice design quite quickly applied to MediaPortal 2, and you will have much less work, because you need to modify "few" styles, that are applied to all screens.

Also YOU can be one more pioneer in MP2 skinnig :)

bombus

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2009
    Novara
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Re: AW: Re: MetroPortal... just a beginning

This looks really nice !

I'm working on it: I've made basic home and classic home... now it's gonna be the hardest part: skin for every plugin and osd...
    :sorry: that I can't offer you help for skinning MP1

But did you see our work on the Reflexion Skin for MP2 https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/skins-design-530/reflexion-skin-work-progress-104363/ ? And what I wrote:
    All work was done on base of the default skin with modification of styles! This is a huuuuuuuge advantage over MP1's way of skinning.

So my message is: if you like, you can get your really nice design quite quickly applied to MediaPortal 2, and you will have much less work, because you need to modify "few" styles, that are applied to all screens.

Also YOU can be one more pioneer in MP2 skinnig :)

I've seen that somebody else is working on a "metro" style for mp 2.0...
    I would like to have something made for the summer and i've seen that i need to learn a new code: I'm not a coder nor a designer, this will take ages :oops: for my mind! Maybe in the summer... thank you for the invite!

hulkhaugen

Portal Pro
    November 9, 2008
    Arendal
    Home Country
    Norway Norway

Cool to see someone picking this up. I really wanted to start on the MetroMP skin (in my signature) as i think it has great potential, but i had trouble encouraging skilled people. The XBOX 360 approach seems like the smartest one for MP as it is designed for multimedia and operated with a remote control, now even kinect. I think it would be a big pro if you have access to a XBOX with Metro UI. Keep up the spirit, these projects can be quite challenging. ATM, i'm really busy in real life so can't do much more than opinions for now, but i might join later on :)

bombus

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2009
    Novara
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

Cool to see someone picking this up. I really wanted to start on the MetroMP skin (in my signature) as i think it has great potential, but i had trouble encouraging skilled people. The XBOX 360 approach seems like the smartest one for MP as it is designed for multimedia and operated with a remote control, now even kinect. I think it would be a big pro if you have access to a XBOX with Metro UI. Keep up the spirit, these projects can be quite challenging. ATM, i'm really busy in real life so can't do much more than opinions for now, but i might join later on :)
    I'm really busy too and it is big project... to do this only by myself needs a big time so i'm trying to recruit people! I've only see xbox with metro UI in videos and in stores but i've a windows phone 7 (metro style as well)...
    Just we don't fight on the name :D: share what we've done can be a great way to keep it up...
    my classic home is almost done, same thing for basic (but the problem of zoom)...
    i'm designing other windows right now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom