Missing Albums (1 Viewer)

thebalance

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 11, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

I've just installed the software - largely to get around having to use WMP to edit tags - I find WMP just plain ignores some folders (I use a folder for each artist and a sub folder for each album) - I cannot spot anything different with the folders and MP has picked everything up as far as I can tell.

Disappointingly MPTagThat ignores exactly the same folders as WMP does - privileges are the same for all folders, there are no special characters, all files are MP3.

Does anyone have any ideas what might cause missed folders please - especially as MP picks them up fine.

Thanks

thebalance

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 11, 2008
    Home Country
    sorry I wasn't very clear- I do mean that in the folder view the folder is simply not there, I didn't notice to start with because I actually thought the tree view was a direct listing of the drive which is what it appears to be but it clearly isn't.

I just cannot spot why some folders do not appear.

My structure is
    i:\music
    i:\music\artist
    i:\music\artist\album

I've just tested and moved one of the albums up one level and it still does not appear (I loaded the program after moving the folder so I'm not expecting a refresh issue). There must be something causing the folders to be overlooked but without knowing how the code reads the folder structure I cannot take any guesses as to any attributes causing the folders to be missing.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    i'm skipping folders with attributes of "System" and "Hidden".
    And i'm checking, if PathDiscovery is allowed for the folder.

looks like some attribute or security issue is preventing access to the folder.

PeteHol

Portal Member
    June 6, 2009
    Home Country
    Any folder with the "system" attribute set on is ignored.
    To remove this attribute:
    go to the command line process (Windows XP - Run -- cmd)
    set drive letter
    change directory to parent directory of the the "missing" one
    use attrib "directory name" -s

this should allow the directory to be seen

note that the " character before and after the directory name are essential if the name includes a space character

thebalance

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Thanks for the advice - it turns out some of my albums were flagged as system files - I'd got explorer set to show weverything so hadn't spotted it. No idea how or why they got flagged (let see, rip CD using WMP, using WMP to set tags, use WMP to play files, hhmmm, I wonder).

Still all sorted now, much :Dappreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom