[MOD] Different skin layout for WorldWeather plugin (New update 18/05/2012) (2 Viewers)

Marduk65

Portal Pro
November 28, 2011
Home Country
Italy Italy
Re: [MOD] Different skin layout for WorldWeather plugin (New update 01/01/2012)

Ciao Marduk65,

is it possible to make the field for the moon phase horizontally scrollable, too? Because in some languages the terms simply don't fit in the fields length. For example the english "waxing gibbous moon" corresponds to the german "zunehmender Dreiviertelmond" and the length of the term breaks the frame's margin.
Please have a look at my attached screentshot.

...yes, use attached xml file ;)

Ciao

Attachments

• WorldWeather.xml
    52 KB

StarWup

Portal Pro
April 7, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: [MOD] Different skin layout for WorldWeather plugin (New update 01/01/2012)

Thank you your your quick reply, Marduk65!

Did you notice that just today World Weather 0.3.5. final was released? Are you in steady contact with Micropolis to make sure that all his improvements are considered by yourself as well for your fantastic mod? As far as i discovered yet he changed some routines. I'm still in the office now but I will test this new version in the evening.

Marduk65

Portal Pro
November 28, 2011
Home Country
Italy Italy
Re: [MOD] Different skin layout for WorldWeather plugin (New update 01/01/2012)

Dear Community,
yesterday Micropolis has released final 0.3.5 version of WorldWeather plugin, so here are my related final version of this Mod. It differs from those one of post 34 for the following things:

• If you enable all images views, thumbnails panel is basically those one of post 34 without Satellite preview, because Satellite view is the default one diplayed when focus is not on thumbs panel (I've changed only the order of images in thumbs; see first image view screenshot below), but if you don't enable at least one of the images, satellite preview is the upper one displayed in thumbnails panel (see second image view screenshot below that is my actually setting without Pollen Count image for which I don't have useful image to set).
    As for previous pubblished improvement, images in thumbnails panel are properly shifted when there are more than one not enabled images (see third image view screenshot).
  • World image is showed in main panel keeping aspect ratio (and centered), to avoid nasty deformations (see first image view screenshot; world image is spherical while previously was squeezed). Same for Starry Sky view.
  • Navigation sequence for thumbnails panel has been reviewed; now pressing up key on upper thumbs preview, the focus goes to topbar, and pressing down key on lower preview image in thumbs panel, the focus goes to the first bottom button (no more loop in thumbnails panel).

Hope most of you likes this little changes (...in particular I hope that now Grubi can change his opinion about confusing navigation in images view :))

Attachments

• Screen8.jpg
    Screen8.jpg
    108.9 KB
  • Screen7.jpg
    Screen7.jpg
    112.1 KB
  • Screen6.jpg
    Screen6.jpg
    147 KB
  • Screen5.jpg
    Screen5.jpg
    149.9 KB
  • Screen4.jpg
    Screen4.jpg
    144.5 KB
  • Screen3.jpg
    Screen3.jpg
    147.1 KB
  • Screen2.jpg
    Screen2.jpg
    144 KB
  • Screen1.jpg
    Screen1.jpg
    134.8 KB
  • GA_StreamedMP_WorldWeather_35.zip
    73.4 KB

grubi

Portal Pro
June 16, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Re: [MOD] Different skin layout for WorldWeather plugin (New update 01/01/2012)

Hope most of you likes this little changes (...in particular I hope that now Grubi can change his opinion about confusing navigation in images view :))

Yeah I relly like it.
Hopefully others do also.

Don't get me wrong, personally I don't have a problem with both kind of navigations.
But I know from my own experience that if you are in software development business for
so a long time, sometimes things appear to be logical and easy for yourself but for non
developers they appear confusing and non intuitive.

This is the point where my wife comes in handy. I show her something and let her find
out by herself how it is working. This way I see pretty fast if I'm on the right track.

Again thanks for you great work.

:D

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: [MOD] Different skin layout for WorldWeather plugin (New update 07/01/2012)

Hi Marduk65,

thank you very much.. The skinfiles are looking really great! I hope that they would be the next default skinfiles for StreamedMP.

I have some questions and requests.

-Is there a way to add an animation effect on the labels that are marked red in the image bellow? When I close the plugin, they are not closing very smoothly like the rest of it.. Would be nice that at an slide animation by example.. I have taked a look into it, but couldn't find the right label for it.

-A new beta version is out (0.3.6) and it has some nice features like coverflow view for weather images.. Would be great is you can costomize the skin files for this new version!

Attachments

• Worldweather.jpg
      Worldweather.jpg
      247.2 KB

Marduk65

Portal Pro
    November 28, 2011
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

-Is there a way to add an animation effect on the labels that are marked red in the image bellow? When I close the plugin, they are not closing very smoothly like the rest of it.. Would be nice that at an slide animation by example.. I have taked a look into it, but couldn't find the right label for it.

...yes, use attached XML

Ciao

Attachments

• WorldWeather.xml
      52 KB

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Hi guys,

I like to know how things are going with this mod? :) There are some new versions of the plugin out so I was hoping that you guys will support that version soon..

Also a feature request: I like to see that when I am in imageview and close the plugin from there, I'm seeing the default page of the plugin when enter the plugin again, so it don't go again to the image page but always load the info screen as fedault.

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: [MOD] Different skin layout for WorldWeather plugin (New update 07/01/2012)

Where can i get links for images like humidity, world, an rss feed for weather news. The Drop Down menu is empty.

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: [MOD] Different skin layout for WorldWeather plugin (New update 07/01/2012)

Marduk65.

Can you post the URLs you are using for weather pictures?
    I'm looking for some weather info for Italy and what I have seen from your screenshots looks quite nice.

Thanks.

Cheers.

Marduk65

Portal Pro
    November 28, 2011
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Re: AW: [MOD] Different skin layout for WorldWeather plugin (New update 07/01/2012)

@Marduk65.

Can you post the URLs you are using for weather pictures?
    I'm looking for some weather info for Italy and what I have seen from your screenshots looks quite nice.

...of course yes; attached you can find my WorldWeatherWebsites.xml file containing all URLs I am using.

Ciao

Attachments

• WorldWeatherWebsites.xml
      6.8 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom