Moving Pictures import and file path issues after Windows 10 Update (1 Viewer)

eclathtpc

Portal Member
December 8, 2015
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hello everyone!

So after many months of procrastination I finally got around to updating from Windows 7 to 10, after fixing some issues with Gigabtye software compatibility and windows continually forgetting mapped (NAS) drive credentials I now have everything running smoothly. To my relief, MediaPortal and my database survived the migration and continues running as before; with one exception....

Moving pictures now displays every single movie file in red and notes that the file's are "currently not available" and that I should "reconnect the media (folder) labled 'video' to Y:\"

Yet the file path for the files remain exactly the same as it was before the Windows update, they haven't changed. They're still the same Y:\ and Z:\ mapped drives, the credentials are solid, the sub-folders are identical; and the watch folders remain untouched. I tried to add the Y:\Video path as provided and recognized by windows as a watch folder, (same as the existing path that's already being watched) but it claims the path to be invalid; but it isn't. This is also restricting MovingPictures from recognizing and or importing any new files.

Now here's the really strange part.... Even though MediaPortal plugin configs claim the paths to be invalid, Inside MediaPortal every single TV Series and Movie file plays flawlessly; so clearly the file paths cannot possibly be invalid. What am I missing here? I can only assume that this is tied into the changes I made to the credentials, to fix that I deleted every single windows based credential and replaced them with new entries (same exact IP addresses and file paths) and also added “Send LM & NTLM – user NTLMv2 session security if negotiated” to the LAN network security settings via the group policies editor.

Scratching my head over this one, stumped. Perhaps MediaPortal Config doesn't have permissions or credentials to access the mapped drives? Please help! :)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you.

First thing that one can see is a corrupt Video database:
    [2016-05-16 12:59:03,471] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - IntegrityCheck: the C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Database\VideoDatabaseV5.db3 is corrupt.
    The WIki explains how to repair corrupt SQL databases. IN case that you don't use MyVideos you may simply delete the VidoeDatabaseV5.db3. It will then get recreated upon the next start of MP. You may observe some lagginess in MP response after that while the system recreates video thumbnails of your movie files (if configured for it).

When it comes to MovingPictures the issue is that upon start the system is niot yet seeing your shared drives:
    16-May-2016 17:11:18 Info [ MovieImporter]: Failed watching: 'Z:\Hi Res' (NoRootDirectory) - Path is currently offline.
    16-May-2016 17:11:18 Info [ MovieImporter]: Failed watching: 'Z:\Bdmv' (NoRootDirectory) - Path is currently offline.
    16-May-2016 17:11:18 Info [ MovieImporter]: Failed watching: 'Y:\Hi Res' (NoRootDirectory) - Path is currently offline.
    16-May-2016 17:11:18 Debug [ DBImportPath]: Scanning: Z:\Hi Res
    16-May-2016 17:11:18 Info [ DBImportPath]: Skipping scan for 'Z:\Hi Res': the volume is disconnected.
    16-May-2016 17:11:18 Debug [ DBImportPath]: Scanning: Z:\Bdmv
    16-May-2016 17:11:18 Info [ DBImportPath]: Skipping scan for 'Z:\Bdmv': the volume is disconnected.
    16-May-2016 17:11:18 Debug [ DBImportPath]: Scanning: Y:\Hi Res
    16-May-2016 17:11:18 Info [ DBImportPath]: Skipping scan for 'Y:\Hi Res': the volume is disconnected.

The most simple solution would be to upgrade from MP 1.11 to 1.14. New remote share handling was introduced either in 1.13 or 1.14.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just run the 1.14 setup file: The update process takes only 3 minutes while preserving all your data.

If you would like to be 200% certain, you may copy the Team MediaPortal folder under Program Files as well as the one under AppData to another place. Then run the update and if all is well, delete the folders that you just copied.

eclathtpc

Portal Member
    December 8, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I performed the update to 1.14 without any issues, but everything remains exactly the same. No change. :(

I've never used MyVideos, only MovingPictures and the TvSeries extension.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I performed the update to 1.14
    No, you didn't:

[MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: MediaPortal v1.13.100.0 is starting up on Windows 10 [10.0.10586.0]

Not sure, which version you pulled there. Please download 1.14 from here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/mediaportal/files/MediaPortal Setup/MediaPortal 1.14.0/MediaPortalSetup_1.14.0_Final.zip/download

The version number in the log file should then be 1.14.0.0[DOUBLEPOST=1463390744][/DOUBLEPOST]While you are reinstalling, can you tell me where these remote paths are located?

eclathtpc

Portal Member
    December 8, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I did, I used that download and it went through the entire process. It currently detects the 1.14 version in the installer (Pictured) and shows the version number on config start up. But upon entering config, it still seems to show the 1.13.1 version..... What the?

The two NAS drives are mapped as Y:\ and Z:\ (Pictured)

Attachments

• mp14.jpg
      mp14.jpg
      427.4 KB
    • dtop.jpg
      dtop.jpg
      546.8 KB
    Last edited:

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Your screenshot shows the version to be 1.14 Pre - This is not the 1.14 final and it does indeed translate into V1.13.100.

So what you are saying is that you downloaded the installer from above link, right? I just downloaded it myself and launched the installer. This is what I see:Install.JPG

Note that it proposes to install 1.14 - and not 1.14 Pre. To me it appears that you did not download the correct file.

eclathtpc

Portal Member
    December 8, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hiya! Yeah I followed the link from the website for the PRE rather than FINAL, my bad. I've now upgraded to the FINAL version but again everything is exactly the same, no change in the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom