[News] MP 1.3.0 Beta - The Titan is coming! (3 Viewers)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    What I would propose is that you have a dynamic genre called "favourites".

In TV Server config you have
    [10%] Shows with viewing proportion greater than threshold are tagged as favourites

Skins can set the colour for the "favourite" genre just like they do with all the other current genres

Last edited:

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Is it somewhere on Git so that we can take a look together with the latest 1.3.0 code from Git?

No it isn't. The fonts need to be installed, along with the code. While some users are clearly capable of compiling and installing, others will find it more difficult and may get things wrong, which would result in things not looking right, or even crashes.

We want to make sure that when you experience 1.3.0Beta, you do it as we intend after all this work.

tommyc2k7

Portal Member
    March 28, 2011
    Home Country
    England England

[10%] Shows with viewing proportion greater than threshold are tagged as favourites

Skins can set the colour for the "favourite" genre just like they do with all the other current genres
    This is an excellent idea, I hope to see it implemented :)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country

This is an excellent idea, I hope to see it implemented :)

It might be a good idea, but it will be a significant task to get MP to keep track of every program you watch/record.

AIstudio

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2007
    Blackpool
    Home Country
    This is truly FANTASTIC news to all of us MP users that are keeping an eye on TITAN and await its launch. Being the default skin also means that it should be very stable and very well supported from the off ;)
    REALLY looking forward to the next release and giving MP a spin.
    On top of that I am sure that the beauty of the new look to MP it will take on a wrath of new up takers. MP should be the No1 install for all home theatre hobbyists and pro's (y)
    GREAT WORK TEAM!!!!

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    @kiwijunglist @tommyc2k7 and all - I hate to see your great ideas go to waste by suggesting them in a news thread when release of beta is imminent and we will enter feature freeze. They will most likely disappear into the same place as so many great ideas have :(

So here's some 'tips' how to get your feature requests into MP:
    1. Ofc you can always propose new features in the Improvement Suggestions forum
    2. If you have great ideas to improve or extend proposed new features for a release - the best way is to help test and provide feedback/suggestions in Area51 while the feature is in development - for example ajp8164 posted test versions for TV Guide Genre colors almost a year ago, and no one ever suggested such ideas when he had the time to actually implement them for 1.3.0!
    3. You may always submit patches to fix or enhance features - as you know our devs have enough trouble keeping up with everything as it is! ;)
    4. Even better - provide an extension with the extended functionality for those who wish it. Adding too much to core only reduces the capacity to maintain it and issue releases more frequently.
    kiwijunglist has already proven the efficacy of the above methods with his work on TV Thumbnailer. (y)

We welcome your suggestions and ideas, but it is far more likely they will bear fruit, and benefit us all, if you use the above methods . Just saying (even if it is a bit OT) :p

Last edited:

Smirk

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 22, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just a short question: I would like to adress "user groups" in the new MyVideo directly from basic home.
    Deda mentioned in the feedback thread that this could be achieved by the skin (configuration?).

Any chance that the new default skins in 1.3.0 Beta will support this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom