MP 2.4.1 won't start (1 Viewer)

osre

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    I have just upgraded from MP 2.2.2 to MP 2.4.1, and now the client won't start.
    I see the splash screen, and then it just disappears.
    The log say something about a BassPlayer dll was not found, and the dll does not exists where it is looking for it.

I remembered that a lot of things can go wrong with old configs, so I renamed the config folder and tried again, but the result is the same.
    Logs are attached.
    In order to not get lynched by a mob of angry kids I would have to have this running by this evening ;) so any help is highly appreciated.

Code:
    [2023-12-19 09:40:18,176] [484    ] [Main     ] [ERROR] - Error parsing plugin descriptor file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\BassLibraries\plugin.xml'
    System.ArgumentException: Plugin 'BassLibraries': Assembly DLL file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\BassLibraries\BassRegistration.dll' does not exist
       bei MediaPortal.Common.Services.PluginManager.PluginDirectoryDescriptor.ParseRuntimeElement(XPathNavigator runtimeNavigator, String pluginDirectory)
       bei MediaPortal.Common.Services.PluginManager.PluginDirectoryDescriptor.Load(String pluginDirectoryPath)
    [2023-12-19 09:40:18,192] [499    ] [Main     ] [ERROR] - Error loading plugin in directory 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\BassLibraries'
    System.ArgumentException: Directory 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\BassLibraries' doesn't contain a valid plugin descriptor file
       bei MediaPortal.Common.Services.PluginManager.PluginDirectoryDescriptor..ctor(String pluginDirectoryPath)
       bei MediaPortal.Common.Services.PluginManager.PluginManager.LoadPluginsData()

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2023-12-19-09.57.38.zip
      1.3 MB

osre

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Update:
    Looking at the logs a little bit more, I think the reason has something to do with MP2 no being able to load a skin.

I uninstalled MP2, renamed the program Files and AppSettings Team Mediaportal folders and installed it again.
    Now it starts again.
    After importing my TV Server settings and adding the media libraries, I'm almost back where I was with MP 2.2.2.

So the only issue seems to be that MP2.4.1 does not like being installed over MP 2.2.2.

Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Update:
    Looking at the logs a little bit more, I think the reason has something to do with MP2 no being able to load a skin.

I uninstalled MP2, renamed the program Files and AppSettings Team Mediaportal folders and installed it again.
    Now it starts again.
    After importing my TV Server settings and adding the media libraries, I'm almost back where I was with MP 2.2.2.

So the only issue seems to be that MP2.4.1 does not like being installed over MP 2.2.2.
    There were many changes, but I'd recommend you to use MP2.5 (which is not released yet, but you have access to the internal forum and can build it :))

osre

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I avoid touching that system as long as it runs. Now that 2.4.1 seems to run again, I probably wait for the next issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom