MP crashes on new 4K HTPC (1 Viewer)

Timberwolf99

Portal Pro
November 20, 2015
Home Country
Australia Australia
I thought Skylake 530 only supported UHD at 29/30hz and a seperate UHD video card was needed to do it a 60hz.
It's the motherboard's HDMI 2.0 that allows for the 60hz and yeah the 530 allows it too.

Thanx for the reply, was rather interested is this as I'm planning a Skylake build soon. Now I have some more info to go on. Sorry for hijacking the thread, "now back to our usual programming".

Last edited:

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I cannot get media to play on this damn thing. SD, HD or UHD. It's all the same. MP is not an option, VLC and MPC will only play with all HW acceleration off, and then not always. My next thing to try is MadVR. I have a feeling this is going to end me up in "Codec Hell", a place I have not been in MANY years. Not since LAV became so stable.

This sucks soooooooo bad.

Last edited:

Timberwolf99

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Man that sux, i wish i could help but i'm still very new to all this.

i will be watching this thread intently, as you are the only one i've come across so far with a skylake build.

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    I am so frustrated. I can play Tomb Raider at 3840x2160 @ 60hz all day long (albeit a bit slow FPS and on LOW settings), but play an episode of Happy Days, I cannot.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    This issue is more than likely the Intel driver or the LAV codec. So it will eventually all solve itself, as Intel is pretty good lately at pushing out beta drivers to fix major issues, and you might want to consider trying out their latest beta driver. At the same time if this is LAV codec related, then they respond very quick as well on their GitHub project page and for all I know they already have a beta version available that fixes this, but they need more HDMI 2.0 users to validate it works.

So get busy testing, or die trying :)

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    Yes, I did upgrade to the Intel Beta driver last night. Will let LAV know what is going on too.

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    LAV might not be the problem. I went into MPC-HC and set the Internal Filters (its own LAV internally) to use DXVA Natve and MPC-HC plays the file smoothly and no crashes while only using 4% of CPU.

What other info do I need to offer to help debug this?

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    New watchdog zip. I got a different error this time. Playing using MP, with LAV set to DXVA Native just as MPC-HC does. Not only did it crash it put my CPU at 67% when MPC-HC was using 4%

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    It's weird but MP OSD eat much ram than MPC-HC so we can run into something like this, also subtitle engine other than MPC-HC Engine break DXVA lol :)
    But still really weird crash :(

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Can you try to disable minidisplay ? there is a lot of log about it (i didn't use it here and MP didn't crash so maybe something to try).
    Also there is some sqllite error not sure if it's a db corrupt or something.
    Maybe you could backup your db and try from a fresh one to test :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom