MP on Windows 2003 (1 Viewer)

RutgerDB

Portal Member
October 30, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Is it possible to install Media Portal TV server onto a Windows 2003 server?

I would like to setup TV server using DVB-C in the Netherlands. I'm using the Multikabel network. Has anyone tried this before?

funkstar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2005
    Home
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    I did have MP installed on Win2K3 Small Business Server a while back. Seemed to work fine. Had issues with other things so and eventually ended up pasing that machine onto my parents with XP installed.

As for DVB-C in the Netherlands.... sorry, i have no idea :)

stormer

Portal Member
    January 24, 2005
    stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Im testing the new tvengine3 on a win 2003 standard r2 edition and it seems to run without any problems. I have a fireDTV-C installed. I havent tested my PVR350 yet but I think it will install easy.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Is it possible to install Media Portal TV server onto a Windows 2003 server?

I would like to setup TV server using DVB-C in the Netherlands. I'm using the Multikabel network. Has anyone tried this before?
    I am using it on a Server 2003 SBE SP2
    along with:
    1x Skystar2 dvb-s
    1x Hauppauge NOVA-T
    1x floppydtv-ci dvb-s

fussmuff

Portal Member
    September 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

in my setup runs a w2k3 server sp1 as a Domain-Controller, DNS, DHCP-Server, with Roaming-Profiles etc.. with a nova-t and a cinergy-t 1400 in the cellar.

blizz79

Portal Member
    January 1, 2006
    While on the subject Windows server 2003....

Is there anyone who got the Twinhan DVB-T TV-tuner to run on a 2003 Server.

Im wondering cuz my system freze after installing the drivers. Cant run it whith the Twinhan Software nor with the BDA drivers. I have sent a mail to Twinhan support but now after three weeks and no answer i kinda lost hope.

Twinhan doesnt list Server 2003 as a supported system but I kinda hoped the XP drivers would work.

/Björn

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Twinhan doesnt list Server 2003 as a supported system but I kinda hoped the XP drivers would work.
    sometimes it works.
    here my Skystar2, Nova-T and floppydtv are working.

but i had a simmilar problem with an othe rmainboard where the drivers for the onboardsound caused a BSOD.
    seems like your drivers wont work with Server2003.

RutgerDB

Portal Member
    October 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I will try to get MediaPortal on Windows 2003 server up and running next weekend. Is it OK to use SQL server instead of the Express Edition? I would also like to use WSUS on the TV server and other SQL applications.

I will try to create a detailed installation log for the installation of the FireDTV on Windows 2003 with MediaPortal TV server 3.0. A lot of people I know want to start using this software if the above setup works OK.

Also, for the TV server, is it an idea to have the option to catagorize all imdb data for MP3 and Movies/Series into the SQL database of the TV server? To prevent rebuilding when re-installing a client machine?

D4bFz3awSRYHKjr3

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Home Country
    Aruba Aruba
    I'm using a FireDTV-C with alphacrypt cam in belgium with IN-DI (irdeto2), works OK with tvserver0.3 excepts for some small bugs (powerscheduler mainly). And the HDTV H264 channels doen't work when watching TV, recording and playing the file with Windows Mediaplayer works good (using Haali media splitter)

Users who are viewing this thread