MP-TVSeries v4.3.6 Release [2020-01-24] (4 Viewers)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I added some code to handle redirects
    By default, redirect processing is enabled, and the HTTP client will go to the desired address itself, just like the browser. Therefore, in 95% of cases, you do not need to process the redirect yourself, unless you need to know where we are being sent.
    And they wrote on the TVDB forum that they did not have a redirect address. I don’t remember the answer, but somewhere on the forum.

And here is such a text in the solved problems:
    Clients can't handle 301s — Released 11/18. Some additional info here:
    • Because of the infrastructure changes, we were required to make use of 301 redirects for images. Most modern libraries handle 301s correctly or have the option to follow them. The workaround on our side (pass-through data translator) is cost prohibitive to run, since it would have a huge amount of data passing through it. So we're requesting that any clients that can't handle 301 redirects update to do so or hard code our new image location at https://artworks.thetvdb.com.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    HttpWebRequest.AllowAutoRedirect Property
    HttpWebRequest.AllowAutoRedirect Property (System.Net)
    Property Value
    Boolean
    true if the request should automatically follow redirection responses from the Internet resource; otherwise, false. The default value is true.
    Remarks
    Set AllowAutoRedirect to true if you want the request to automatically follow HTTP redirection headers to the new location of the resource. The maximum number of redirections to follow is set by the MaximumAutomaticRedirections property.

If AllowAutoRedirect is set to false, all responses with an HTTP status code from 300 to 399 is returned to the application.

The Authorization header is cleared on auto-redirects and HttpWebRequest automatically tries to re-authenticate to the redirected location. In practice, this means that an application can't put custom authentication information into the Authorization header if it is possible to encounter redirection. Instead, the application must implement and register a custom authentication module. The System.Net.AuthenticationManager and related class are used to implement a custom authentication module. The AuthenticationManager.Register method registers a custom authentication module.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    That doesn't help me solve the issue with the updates.zip.

The original code was already set to auto-redirect as that is the default value, but it still failed on updates zip.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    All updates_xxx.zip - not work :( outdated or broken or dont know ...
    thetvdb.com/api/<apikey>/updates/updates_month.zip in browser return:
    Code:
    {"status":"redirect","data":null,"message":"function not found"}

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @ltfearme your working redirect relies on HTTP connection initially, and the one that fails immediately goes for TLS/HTTPS one.

Try loading them HTTP and let TheTVdB do the HTTPS redirect via 302, that solves Forward-Secrecy issues on their end as they might still have issues as well which I believe they are aware of and trying to fix "as quick as they can".

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Could it be necessary to make a workaround if update files are not available, are all forced to update all TV shows with status Continuing? At least once a week ...

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I was going to investigate adding a workaround for when update.zips are not available for whatever reason like above. I need to debug and see the best approach to handle.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I've done a first pass at adding custom handling for updates (basically series which have not ended and have local files...needs some fine tuning). I have noticed something wrong with season banners which I will investigate next.

In summary so far:
    * Worked around changes in language xml and filename (support before and after in case it gets fixed);
    * Worked around Updates.zip not working;
    * TODO...

I have attached a test dll if you want to help find issues and report here...

Attachments

• MP-TVSeries.zip
      520.3 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom