MP1 not entering standby (1 Viewer)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I could not find any documentation about such port settings on the server side to allow the PS communication. Also the setup routine does not appear to provide such settings, but I may of course be wrong here.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    What I did was to expand the existing incoming rule to include 31457 and 31458. Do we also need an outbound rule?
    I assume the PS communication is bi-directional, so you would need both incoming and outgoing exceptions on both client and server.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I could not find any documentation about such port settings on the server side to allow the PS communication. Also the setup routine does not appear to provide such settings, but I may of course be wrong here.
    I'd sooner trust the code. It's very clear. ;)
    https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...lugins/PowerScheduler/PowerScheduler.cs#L1616
    https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...cheduler.Interfaces/RemotePowerControl.cs#L79
    https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...SchedulerClientPlugin/PowerScheduler.cs#L1495

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'd sooner trust the code. It's very clear. ;)
    It certainly is. I do think though that we look at a bug, or rather an omission, in terms of the installer not setting the PS firewall rules on the server side.

I defined an outgoing rule for the two ports on the server with the result that the message Cannot signal client activity to remote TvServer disappears in the log:).
    Unfortunately this changes nothing to the fact that MP still does not enter standby:( if controlled by Windows.

Last edited:

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I defined an outgoing rule for the two ports on the server with the result that the message Cannot signal client activity to remote TvServer disappears in the log.
    Unfortunately the latest logs show the Cannot signal client activity again.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Like I said, you'll need inbound rules too. In this specific case the client PS plugin is trying to notify the server PS plugin that the client is active. That requires at least an outbound rule on the client and an inbound rule on the server.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There is another inbound rule MediaPortal TV Server Remote, which by default is opening port 554 and 31456.

I had appended 31457 and 31458 to it, at least I thought I did. When I looked at the rule again, the two ports had disappeared. I added them back and made sure that I saved everything and closed the firewall dialogue on the server. Client/Server PS communication is now OK.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    A month later I am having trouble again putting the client to sleep. So I set the screen saver to 1 min and standby to 2 min in Windows power settings and also defined 60 sec for MediaPortal's idle timer
    • When on desktop the computer is correctly entering standby(y)
    • With MediaPortal running the PC is staying on(n)
      • powercfg -requests shows nothing
    Log taken ~10 min after system started to be idle. Given the fact that at Windows level the standby is working, I wonder what in MediaPortal could be preventing the process now.

Attachments

• MediaPortal.zip
      23.9 KB
    Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I don't see any reason for the PC to be staying on.
    Does the same happen when all plugins are disabled (ie. Watchdog option 1)?
    Are you sure you haven't enabled the PS "only allow standby when on home window" option?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom