MPDisplay++ - Extended Display/Touchscreen Plugin (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sa_ddam213

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2009
    Canterbury
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Re: MPDisplay2 - MP Secondary Display

Hey Guys,

The alpha release is for basic MPDisplay2 GUI functionality, The support for external plugins (online videos etc) will be implemented in the Beta release's.

@Ropsu80
    Yes i'm looking at porting this to my Galaxy Android device but this will be at a later date :)

@Powermarcel
    I can not replicate the EQ studder (Performance issue's fixes will follow after all features have be decided and added)
    However the old labels reappearing is a bug and I will add to mantis :)

Sa

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: AW: MPDisplay2 - MP Secondary Display

@technick
    I changed the lenght of Date Labels in all skins. Scrolling is disabled. Should be fine in next release.
    But had no time to check all resolutions. Will do that on weekend. :)

@powermarcel10
    Support for RadioTime and OnlineVideos added. You will have it with next release.

Cheers,
    Wondermusic

Thankyou very much mate! I appreciate that a lot..

I hope next version is comming soon! But remember; keep your time;)

Good luck

lotti99

Portal Pro
    May 7, 2007
    Frankfurt
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: MPDisplay2 - MP Secondary Display

Hi - looks nice, but i've still some problems
    When i navigate to "music", the Touch Screen displays the folders, but when i navigate into a folder it displays nothing - on the Tv i have then subfolders or the music titles ...
    This is only in the "music" section, when i navigate through the "videos"-folder i see everything as on the tv.

And a question - how i can i increase the font-size - the lists are very hard to read ;)

tini-hamburg

Portal Member
    February 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MPDisplay2 - MP Secondary Display

First Thank you for working so fast on the new plugin! I used (love) MPTouch Plugin and now I tried MPDisplay2.

I have some performance issues. When I use the MPDisplay2 plugin, MP is slower and my Touchscreen shows changes only after a few seconds. When I use Remote, the Touchscreen is very slow with showing the right screen. Scrolling with Touchscreen works not as nice as with MPTouch (also response is very slow an I can not control where I am going to). I can not see the last item in the scroll list window. Maybe this is because my Touchscreen is 1024x768
    There is no equalizer when I start StreamRadio with PureVisionDS Skin (starts with BlueDark)
    Both skins have set RSS Feed scroll: False... (I only tried this two)
    When I touch on "Radio" I got my "Plugins" List (I am on Home Screen) and I had to touch on Radio in Scroll list, to come to Radio (I named StreamedRadio to Radio in my MP)

Hope this can help you! Thanks for developing this awsome plugin! Take your time! I love to try the next versions :)

My system:
    HD160XT plus
    E7300
    4 GB DDR2
    NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT
    MPVersion: 1.1.2
    MPSkin: PureVisionHD
    MPDisplay2 Version: 0.5.0 Alpha
    MPDisplay2 Skin: PureVisionHD

Wondermusic

Retired Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wuppertal
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

lotti99

just a question... For what do you need bigger Size of text in Listcontrol? Listcontrol is usually used when TV is turned off to navigate thrue music lists, or something like that. It’s no problem, was just a question. :) I will give you the code passages in a few hours in this posting. I’m at work now… Or you will find it for yourself. It’s located in the ProgramData\TeamMediaPortal\MediaPortal\MPDisplay2\Skin\*whatever*- folder. There are a lot of xmls. You have to edit the following xmls: Window_Video.xml, Window_Music.xml, Window_Radio.xml, WindowHome.xml (Without “_” between Window and Home). In this xmls are controls. Somewhere you will find the ListControl. Just increase the number of textsize in this control.

The other thing, that some lists are not shown up is a plugin problem. But as I have in mind, sa_ddam will fix this in next release.

tini-hamburg

sa_ddam has allready wrote something to the performance issues. This will come later.
    Before there stood Scroll True, I have set in this Version to False, cause of the performance thing. I disabled most of scrolling Labels.

Because of StreamRadio I will have a look at it when I'm home tonight. In BlueDark it work's and in PVHD not? Is that correct?

Greets,
    Wondermusic

lotti99

Portal Pro
    May 7, 2007
    Frankfurt
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

@lotti99

just a question... For what do you need bigger Size of text in Listcontrol? Listcontrol is usually used when TV is turned off to navigate thrue music lists, or something like that. It’s no problem, was just a question. :)

Thats exact what i want to do - but at teh Moment its hard to touch the right entry ;)

You have to edit the following xmls: Window_Video.xml, Window_Music.xml, Window_Radio.xml, WindowHome.xml (Without “_” between Window and Home). In this xmls are controls. Somewhere you will find the ListControl. Just increase the number of textsize in this control.

thanks, I will try that

neelex

Portal Pro
    March 16, 2009
    Re: AW: Re: AW: MPDisplay2 - MP Secondary Display

Hi - looks nice, but i've still some problems
    When i navigate to "music", the Touch Screen displays the folders, but when i navigate into a folder it displays nothing - on the Tv i have then subfolders or the music titles ...
    This is only in the "music" section, when i navigate through the "videos"-folder i see everything as on the tv.

And a question - how i can i increase the font-size - the lists are very hard to read ;)
    Hi,

just tested the new release for a few minutes. First, graphics are really nice. A big advantage to the old ones! Great, mates!

I can see a similar issue on my installation. I use Album view with small icons for the album selection. That seems not to be compatible with the plugin. I can't see the current selected item on the touchscreen. If going into an album folder (I use list view here) the current selection is shown in the upper area of the plugin screen as it should be. I will add as bug to the project homepage, too.

I will have a closer look to the plugin this weekend. Keep up the great work, a project much users waited for years :D

Cheers,
    Neelex

PS: already voted yesterday :D

Wondermusic

Retired Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wuppertal
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi Guys,

*** a bit OffTopic on ***

just for your information...

I won't release any new skins before the first Beta Release of the Plugin. I hope you understand that there's a lot of work with the Standard Skins and the three others to do. If I add now the rest fo them, the work could be to much...

Now there are 5 Skins available:
    - Blue3 (included in Plugin)
    - BlueDark (included in Plugin)
    - X-Factor
    - PureVisionHD
    - NoTouch

These Skins will follow after Beta Release of the Plugin:

- Maya
    - aMPed
    - StreamedMP
    - Black Glass or Black Glass Nova

Maybe there will be more after Final Release. But for now these are the plans.

The next thing I want to do, is to add a smal forum on our Website just for Skin issues. It would be to confusing if I start here 8 different Threats. As I said, that will be after Beta Release of the Plugin.

Cheers,
    Wondermusic

*** a bit OffTopic off ***

neelex

Portal Pro
    March 16, 2009
    Re: AW: MPDisplay2 - MP Secondary Display

I won't release any new skins before the first Beta Release of the Plugin. I hope you understand that there's a lot of work with the Standard Skins and the three others to do. If I add now the rest fo them, the work could be to much...
    Absolutely the right way! First have a stable release with less working skins. I would go so far as to say: only two skins are needed. One for Touch users, one for non touch users. If the release is stable enough (including the skins!!) it's much more easier to create new skins with the acquired experiences.

It's a bloody job to adjust every small issue in countless skins!

Cheers,
    Neelex

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom