MPsteam (Starting "Valve Steam" in Big Picture mode) (1 Viewer)

motey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 13, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi there,

this is my first try to develope a Plugin for MP. Its a really tiny Plugin that adds a menu Entry for starting Valve Steam in BigPicture mode. I mainly coded this plugin for myself to get into Plugin dev. (But if there are people interested in connecting Steam-BP and MP, i would love to extend this plugin).

I thought installing/configuring Emulators1/2 or MyPrograms (which are certainly great plugins) is a little bit overweight for only starting Steam. With this Plugin you have MP configured to start Steam with one easy plugin installation.
    So this is an alpha Version. it should work with the defaultskin. But i mainly developed this first version with streamedMP Titan.

The plugin finds the steam.exe path on the registry. So you should have installed Steam prober (without any hacks ;) ) You can configure a manual path, too.

TODO:
    https://github.com/motey/MPSteam/issues?milestone=&page=1&state=open

I would be happy to get some feedback

Code:
    https://github.com/motey/MPSteam

regards
    tim

02 07.04.2013
    Published Version 0.0.2.0 0.0.2.1
    Changes:
    -Added Config
    -Some Skin Updates
    -exe222 is now supporting MPsteam as Developer. Thx

Published Version 0.0.2.2
    Changes:
    -Some Config Changes
    -Compatible with MP1.4pre
    -Internal refactoring
    -BIG THX to exe222 who did most of the work :)

Release by exe222:
    New stable version 1.0.0.0 is out with the following (minor) changes and fixes:
    - Minor language text changes (in installer)
    - Removed annoying notification message when starting steam
    - Playback is now stopped before steam is started
    - Skin files for StreamedMP removed from installer as MPsteam is officially supported by it meanwhile
    - Changed to stable release as it seems pretty stable after +- 1 year of testing

Attachments

• MPsteam_0.0.1.0.mpe1
      134.2 KB
    • MPsteam_0.0.1.1.mpe1
      134.3 KB
    • MPsteam_0.0.1.2.mpe1
      134.2 KB
    • MPsteam_0.0.1.3.mpe1
      32.8 KB
    • MPsteam_0.0.2.1.mpe1
      39 KB
    • MPsteam_0.0.2.2.mpe1
      80.2 KB
    • MPsteam_1.0.0.0.mpe1
      807.3 KB
    Last edited:

d0ne

Portal Member
    December 24, 2008
    Hey,

I'd like to install it on the newest MediaPortal 1.3 Beta but there is a dependency error. Is it possible to distribute it for the newest version of MediaPortal?
    I might want to include it into the newest Titan skin via a basichome mod and your plugin seems perfect for it.

Tanks

Last edited:

dexaroni

Portal Member
    January 18, 2012
    South Dakota
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Im having a peculiar issue, I have the plugin installed, it shows up and is enabled in MPConfiguration however it does not appear as an available plugin in the StreamedMP Basic Home editor. Am I missing something completely obvious?

motey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 13, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Im having a peculiar issue, I have the plugin installed, it shows up and is enabled in MPConfiguration however it does not appear as an available plugin in the StreamedMP Basic Home editor. Am I missing something completely obvious?
    ah sry there was a wrong path in the skin file installer. Copy the "%programdata%\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\MPsteam.xml\StreamedMP\MPsteam.xml" to "%programdata%\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\StreamedMP" or use the new installer version 0.0.1.2

d0ne

Portal Member
    December 24, 2008
    Im sorry but I still cant install this plugin due to dependency errors.

I attached a screenshot of the error I get after clicking the file.

dexaroni

Portal Member
    January 18, 2012
    South Dakota
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    ah sry there was a wrong path in the skin file installer. Copy the "%programdata%\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\MPsteam.xml\StreamedMP\MPsteam.xml" to "%programdata%\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\StreamedMP" or use the new installer version 0.0.1.2

I installed the new version and it works perfectly! I have been trying to find a solution to launching Big Picture from my Basic Home and this works very well. A few small recommendations, it would be nice to be able to switch the background picture/ steam logo for those of us using unified background themes. Beyond that, it works very well and is now a part of my main setup!

hogen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2011
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have the same error as d0ne. Im using Titan as default. Do i neead to use some other skin?

motey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 13, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Im sorry but I still cant install this plugin due to dependency errors.

I attached a screenshot of the error I get after clicking the file.

Okay, will fix that tonight. Im still a little bit confused about the version compatibility system :)

I installed the new version and it works perfectly! I have been trying to find a solution to launching Big Picture from my Basic Home and this works very well. A few small recommendations, it would be nice to be able to switch the background picture/ steam logo for those of us using unified background themes. Beyond that, it works very well and is now a part of my main setup!
    I put this on todo. Next Major Version after Christmas.

I have the same error as d0ne. Im using Titan as default. Do i neead to use some other skin?
    Titan integration is on TODO-List for next Major Version. As workaround you can put the Mpsteam.xml from streamedMP in your Titan folder. Should work, i think. And the versioning problem will be fixed tonight with the next build

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom